Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
games with japanese feeling/quirkiness
I was wondering if there are any games that

1)use the modern japanese culture as a setting for their story.
think "shin megami tensei" series and "the world ends with you" on the ds.

2)or have a general feeling of japan's crazy ass video game nature that's bordering on stupid.
think "rythm paradise" on the wii or something like "katamari damacy" on the ps2

I would appreciate it if you could recommend english games since I don't know japanese(yet) but I'd stay away from anime 1vs1 brawlers like dragonball or naruto

Sponsored links

1 word: DISGAEA series
------------------------
------------------------
trolling mode: ACTIVE!
Off the top of my head: Killer 7, Seaman, Mister Mosquito, Mad Maestro, Raw Danger, Space Channel 5, and of course, the Katamari Damacy series. There are plenty more though.
[i7-3630qm/gt650m-2G/Win-7] [i7-4500u/R.HD8850m/Win-8.1] [2010-MBA/OSX-10.9.x]. Scroll smoothly with SmoothWheel for Firefox.
disgaea has something to do with japan? I just thought it was a tactical rpg with demons and stuff...although I've heard it's pretty funny and doesn't take itself seriously...I'll give it a try.

as for seaman,raw danger and the others...I said bordering on stupid...not being stupid lol Tongue2
(02-07-2013, 01:15 AM)raziel4635 Wrote: disgaea has something to do with japan? I just thought it was a tactical rpg with demons and stuff...although I've heard it's pretty funny and doesn't take itself seriously...I'll give it a try.

as for seaman,raw danger and the others...I said bordering on stupid...not being stupid lol Tongue2

well it has nothing to do with japan- as in the culture etc, but the game is just spouting out japan all over the place, you asked for japanese feeling and disgaea will give you that Smile

i'd start off with disgaea 2 tho, way better then 1 and it has a better story/humor
------------------------
------------------------
trolling mode: ACTIVE!