Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
god of war 2 fps problems
Question 
Hi! I am a new user of pcsx2 and am having a few problems with god of war 2. My system configuration is--

Intel dual core 2.2 e2220,
2gb ram,
nvidia 9400gt 512mb(slightly overclocked),
windows 7

when I first started playing god of war 2 it worked fine at 51fps. But recently it has slowed down quite considerably (32fps at the first stage).
A friend of mine having almost the same config is able to play GoW2 at stable 60 fps. He is using the same settings as mine. my game starts at 60fps and gradually lowers down to 32fps. Is there any reason for this erratic behavior???
plz help me.....

Sponsored links

(07-11-2011, 08:05 PM)ShadeAssassin Wrote: Hi! I am a new user of pcsx2 and am having a few problems with god of war 2. My system configuration is--

Intel dual core 2.2 e2220,
2gb ram,
nvidia 9400gt 512mb(slightly overclocked),
windows 7
get the latest revision here http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
use preset mostly harmful then untick it and change VU speed hack up to 3
use native res ( i have the same GPU it is not enough to play it at any higher res )
test it
still low speed put frame skipping to constant skipping
(07-11-2011, 08:05 PM)ShadeAssassin Wrote: when I first started playing god of war 2 it worked fine at 51fps. But recently it has slowed down quite considerably (32fps at the first stage).
A friend of mine having almost the same config is able to play GoW2 at stable 60 fps. He is using the same settings as mine. my game starts at 60fps and gradually lowers down to 32fps. Is there any reason for this erratic behavior???
plz help me.....
"almost the same" config might be totaly diffrent and have better performance can you state them ?

get the latest GSDX from *removed* and use max VU skip hack that should help you
My New PC
[Image: 1714419.png]
[Image: stargate_sg_1_stamp_by_OmegaDreamSeeker11.jpg]
Question 
(07-11-2011, 08:20 PM)abdo123 Wrote: get the latest revision here http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
use preset mostly harmful then untick it and change VU speed hack up to 3
use native res ( i have the same GPU it is not enough to play it at any higher res )
test it
still low speed put frame skipping to constant skipping
"almost the same" config might be totaly diffrent and have better performance can you state them ?

I've tried enabling all the speed hacks. That increses my fps to 35. It still is unplayable (slow mo). Iam running the game the at native resolution and have tried both Dx9 and Dx10. I've noticed that my processor temperature reaches 90degrees. Is that the bottleneck?

My friends config is the same except his processor is 2.8Ghz and mine is 2.2Ghz....