god of war settings
(03-23-2010, 08:03 AM)CKL Wrote:
(03-22-2010, 05:18 PM)nexxuno Wrote: um...actually this CPU could be considered not overclocked since i am at default FSB just used the unlocked multiplier and cooled it with a Vendetta2....
Interesting though!
Just so you know, changing multiplier is also considered as overclocking( in such case you're changing only cpu clock and leave other components unchange), and I think you may want to check out some overclocking guide for more information about overclocking. If you lower your FSB and increase the multiplier, you will probably get the same result assuming you haven't changed your pcsx2 settings. If that is the case, change back your cpu to stock clock if you haven't done it yet. Then, try again and see if the problem is still there. If it does, show all of the pcsx2 settings for the game so that we have a better idea about the problem.

No i don't need any guide...i red enough of them when i started overclocking CPU years ago...i was just saying this CPU was designed to achieve this frequency with some good cooling like all the extreme Intel CPUs....

All settings are on default (except GS resolution @ 1920x1080) and no speedHacks so i guess there isn't any solution...i guess i can live with 1 crash every 20 mins...i will check if it is god of war related or if it crashes with other games too, later
motherboard Asus p5b-e
intel QX6800 @3.47GhzX4
4gb DDR2 Kingston 800 Dual Channel
Club3d HD4870 @810/3800 512MBGDDR5
ASUS 22" FullHD
Vista Premium 64bit SP2

Sponsored links

Processor: Duo Core 2.10GHz
RAM: 2.00GB
System Type: 32 bit OS
Windows 7

Any setting suggestions would be appreciated for God of War 1
No mention of your video card so it's hard to give serious advice... Your processor is on the slow side and will likely either not play full speed at all, or have lots of slow downs throughout.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(04-27-2011, 11:43 PM)Koji Wrote: No mention of your video card so it's hard to give serious advice... Your processor is on the slow side and will likely either not play full speed at all, or have lots of slow downs throughout.

Video Card: Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset
Yeah, that's not good news... Fraid that puts you in the pretty much unplayable category.

If you'd still like to try there are some general speed tips... In graphic options you can set to native (or even force below native by modifying the ini, lowest accepted internal res is 256x256 but it will not be pretty).

You can try using SuperVU instead of microVU as well as setting clamping to none (though I'm unsure if this breaks anything in GoW1).
[Image: 2748844.png]
I figured my comp wasn't enough to play this game. I got FFX to run perfect as well as Kingdom Hearts. Thanks for your help.