gsdx partial software mode
It would be nice if the possibility to select software mode for specific features in the gsdx plugin.

I thought if the lighting or shadier in certain games do not work in hardware mode, and they work in software mode, set only the feature you need to software mode the rest still get hardware mode for speed.

This idea might fix PON and others and speed them up?

Sponsored links

(06-28-2014, 02:59 AM)blake8088 Wrote: It would be nice if the possibility to select software mode for specific features in the gsdx plugin.

I thought if the lighting or shadier in certain games do not work in hardware mode, and they work in software mode, set only the feature you need to software mode the rest still get hardware mode for speed.

This idea might fix PON and others and speed them up?

You want to split up emulation of GS between a gpu and cpu. That would probably have serious syncing issues and be extremely slow and incompatible.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Yes if I understand you.
I meant for example texture mapping and rendering handled by GPU but shading handled by CPU.
I thought this idea might be beneficial, maybe only to the coders for problem solving, due to speed issues.

By the way would wire-frame mode help speed the emulator up?
I wouldn't say it's impossible, but due to the way a PS2 works (kind of synchronized streaming between different processing units), this would break most games.
And if not, it would bring more glitches than improvements. that said, if you find a way to dev this, feel free to contribute to the source code Smile
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I was trying to understand the gsdx code with trouble their is a GSRenderer.cpp and a GPURenderer.cpp what is the differnence/ I would like a general description of the files, classes and functions if possible.

Any help is appreciatedSmile.
GPU is ps1. GS is ps2.

The biggest limitation of GPU is communication. Doing some ping-pong will be very killer for performance. It would be better in this case to implement extra effect in the GPU but with special shaders. Kinda a SW rasterizer but on GPU.

I fixed shadows issue this way on opengl. Search DATE (destination alpha testing).