Code:
1 << TW
is the same as doing
Code:
2*TW

if im still getting you wrong i dont have a clue what you're trying to say xD

TW << 1 is *2
1 << TW is 2 to the power of TW

Unless I have baby brain which is always possible ...
(10-19-2013, 04:03 AM)bigianb Wrote: TW << 1 is *2
1 << TW is 2 to the power of TW

Unless I have baby brain which is always possible ...

sorry yes you're right Tongue

but the manuals say 2*TH, 2*TW, which is what the original code is doing, then the buffer size is only set in width (TBW) and has a base pointer (TBP)
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(10-19-2013, 11:47 AM)refraction Wrote: sorry yes you're right Tongue

but the manuals say 2*TH, 2*TW, which is what the original code is doing, then the buffer size is only set in width (TBW) and has a base pointer (TBP)

Can you give me a section reference to the manual. I've read the GS manual again and can't see that. Is it in the VU or EE manual? I'm referring to the manuals that come with the PS2 Linux distribution.
Its in the gs manual under the explination of TEX0 that I was looking at

Both on and off topic.

Does the proposed fix mean we can play snowblind games in hardware mode finally? and will this fix Champions of Norrath devouring of RAM then the crash of the application? or is that an unrelated issue?
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
yes and no.

The proposed hack/fix will mean that hardware mode will fill the screen correctly, but the snowblind games (CoN included) still have a texture cache issue that causes them to exponentially make new textures that eats memory.

The only temporary fix for that is to patch pcsx2 with the 4gb patch and save regularly.

(10-21-2013, 05:53 PM)hellbringer616 Wrote: Both on and off topic.

Does the proposed fix mean we can play snowblind games in hardware mode finally? and will this fix Champions of Norrath devouring of RAM then the crash of the application? or is that an unrelated issue?

apologies for any confusion - there is not a proposed fix yet ... just some extra information that will hopefully lead to a fix in the future.
The software mode issue is different as refraction points out.
Oh, I missed this. I've never been able to get the whole scene to show in any plugin / any renderer except software GSdx.
There might either be a misunderstanding of documentation here, or the problem has to do with bad caching (which is likely).
If it's a misunderstanding though that would be awesome, as we can fix those. The caches have several issues that are impossible
to completely fix without redesigning the plugin.
So yea, your hack helps a lot bigianb. It allows further investigation Smile
Is it possible to implement this hack? If yes, how?
Because I was thinking that if I stretch the window 2x the horizontal dimension, I should be able to see everything correctly proportioned (but probably with a pile of gargabe next to it).
Ryzen 7 3800X | Noctua NH-D14| Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro| RX Vega 64| 2*8GB Patriot Viper 3733MHz C17@3733MHz C16| Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 970EVO 512GB NVMe| 4TB Hard Drive| Samsung C25FG7 + Samsung S24D300 + Samsung S24F250| NZXT Phantom 410| Enermax Revo'Xt 730W| Gigabyte M6900