gsdx10
Hello, altrough my GPU supports dx10, when I chose gsdx 10 in the plugins the game crashes when I boot it (persona 4)
-Intel pentium t4400
-Intel GMA x4500
-4 gb ram
-windows 7 64-bit

plz helpWacko

Sponsored links

I understand Intel's have been known to have issues with DX10. Have you looked into the latest driver?

Also, if you're selecting "Direct3D10" in the GSdx settings, it sounds like you're using an older revision of the emulator. It should say "Direct3D11" (which will work as DX10 if your GPU isn't DX11 capable). Check the stickies above for the latest official beta. Smile
(04-24-2011, 07:16 AM)Rezard Wrote: I understand Intel's have been known to have issues with DX10. Have you looked into the latest driver?

Also, if you're selecting "Direct3D10" in the GSdx settings, it sounds like you're using an older revision of the emulator. It should say "Direct3D11" (which will work as DX10 if your GPU isn't DX11 capable). Check the stickies above for the latest official beta. Smile
Ahh.... Mine ATI Radeon 4650 HD is directX 10.1 capable... but with GSdx SSE 4.1 it shows Direct3D10 (Hardware) only.. but with the same GSdx but SSE2, it shows Direct3d10/11 (Hardware)

PS: Intel Cards may have DirectX 10 problem! Well try ugrading it to Nvidia or ATI Cards.
Make sure you have d3d10_42.dll in your

system_drive:Windows\System32\
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
Recoder: it only shows directX10 because there is no DX10.1 plugin for pcsx2. Gabest tried to use some 10.1 specific shaders, but they caused graphical issues.

Rezard: Actually, if the graphics card doesn't support DX11, it won't show DX11... Only 10. That said, the integrated intel chips pre i3/i5/i7 won't run in DX10 mode at all and only some of the later ones do (and correctly)
[Image: 2748844.png]
So, as Koji said, there is no way of fixing that?

well if it can help:http: //valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1785345
There is no solution, the integrated intel graphics chip will NOT run in dx10 mode. If you want to run in DX10 mode you'll have to purchase a seperate video card that is capable of full DX10/11 feature set.

That said, 2.2 ghz cpu is going to be too slow to play Persona 4 at full speed in most areas including battle. Something else to think about before sinking any money into another video card.
(04-24-2011, 09:47 AM)recoder Wrote: PS: Intel Cards may have DirectX 10 problem! Well try ugrading it to Nvidia or ATI Cards.
Make sure you have d3d10_42.dll in your

system_drive:Windows\System32\

Well. I'm on a laptop so I can't upgrade my graphic card

for the d3d10_42.dll: [Image: unled1copye.png]
By hugomaster1 at 2011-04-24

(04-24-2011, 03:24 PM)Koji Wrote: There is no solution, the integrated intel graphics chip will NOT run in dx10 mode. If you want to run in DX10 mode you'll have to purchase a seperate video card that is capable of full DX10/11 feature set.

That said, 2.2 ghz cpu is going to be too slow to play Persona 4 at full speed in most areas including battle. Something else to think about before sinking any money into another video card.

My friend has a integrated video card and it can run this game in gsdx10 mode and has no lag (50-60 fps)(on a quad-core cpu)
Have you tried getting newer drivers for your graphics card like Rezard said?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Excuse me, I mistyped earlier... Your specific integrated intel chip will not run in dx10. That said, there are MANY types of integrated chips, and most intel will not cut it, and indeed won't even start in DX10 mode as you've discovered. There are several nvidia and ati chips that WILL run in dx10 and maybe even satisfactorily enough in native or low resolution for some simpler 3d games.

You also say his is a quad core, but you don't list actual processor speed. Dual or quad or hex or any other number of cores don't matter (much) after 2, but the actual SPEED of those cores matters greatly. 2.2ghz is way on the low side for this emulator. The recommended minimum is at least 2.6ghz for simpler PS2 games (2d and less demanding 3d games with regular slow downs) with 3.5ghz or higher being the sweet spot.
Also, the game crashes when Chie looks into the case of the broken dvd Yosuke gives back (first day of school)