gtx 660 not enough for even 3x native in d3d11?
i bought a gtx 660 with 2gb vram and a i5 3450 in hopes to play pcsx2 wonderfully. however i am trying to play dbz bt3(ntsc version which i got as a gift from my uncle working in usa) from a .iso file.
i am using pcsx2 1.2.1(tried latest svn 1.3.0 as well as 1.0.0 same results). if i select direct3D11 and use 3X scaling the fps remains at 40-48. it drops even more if i enable fxaa. d3d9 gets to 60 but enabling fxaa in d3d9 also slows the game down 40-50fps. Sad
so my question is even a gtx 660 is not enough for 3X native in d3d11(even without fxaa)?
[Image: lhljdGn.png]
My Steam Profile
Intel i7 8086k @ 4.0 ghz | Nvidia Gtx 980ti 6GB | Corsair Vengence pro 16gb DDR4 | WD Blue 1tb + Black 2tb hdd | Samsung 850 Evo 250gb SSD | Windows 10 pro

Sponsored links

There are two scenario in your situation. 1) enabling fxaa may have cause you to max out our vram, thus that explains the fps drops. 2) The GTX 660 2GB is simply not fast enough handle 3x scaling with fxaa enabled. However, I'm willing to bet that if you use speedhacks or overclock the CPU then it will solve the problem.
look what i wrote. i tried 3x native without fxaa and still did not get 60fps(only 40-48).
speedhacks are used. all the recommanded ones+mtvu hack+ee cyclerate to 2 and vu cycle stealing to 2(tried other combinations too)
and i cant overclock the cpu cuz it is non-k model and the bios also dont allow overclocking.
My Steam Profile
Intel i7 8086k @ 4.0 ghz | Nvidia Gtx 980ti 6GB | Corsair Vengence pro 16gb DDR4 | WD Blue 1tb + Black 2tb hdd | Samsung 850 Evo 250gb SSD | Windows 10 pro

Hmmm, so curious ! Combination of an i5 and Gtx 660 can handle that game easly ! Then why this game getting slow? Sounds like overheating or throttling of cpu !

But i remember you was fixed that by using physicx ! Right?
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
Sorry, I didn't read it correctly. It's pretty late in my timezone... Sounds like you just need more CPU power in this game, and perhaps a better GPU. Try the game without speedhacks and see if it run the same or worse.
@brock i thought physx worked but apperently it isn't. i still got lag.
@tuanming that's weird. dbz bt3 isnt a cpu or gpu intensieve game(not in both lists). i tried without speedhacks which gave more or less same result.
My Steam Profile

Emulation is not as working with a single game, besides it has complex interactions between several modules. That means a certain game might respond badly to certain option where another game works fine.

3x upscale should not be a problem for that card even with fxaa enabled, what makes me to think it is more a particularity from this game affecting the emulation as a whole.

Knowing this, follow the golden rule of emulation (you can use it more generally as well): If life gives you a lem... oooops, is not that one

"If an option is giving you problem in a certain game, don't use it with this game".

Anyway, before disabling fxaa, since you want it, follow the recommendation from Tuanming and try speedhacks. Don't abuse them, you shouldn't need to get past the first step either for EE cyclerate or VU cycle stealing with that machine. And even before trying these, verify if enabling MTVU solves the problem. Then Follow the Silver rule of emulation: If you don't need speedhacks don't use them.

Finally the PLATINUM rule of emulation: "If you can't notice anything wrong, nothing is wrong". That is the most important rule to follow once you get the game running in a way you are comfortable with. If going to try enhancing image quality, do it one option at a time and play for a little while to grant that nothing got messed. This way you can undo a bad move, don't change many options at once.
Good Luck.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Why not use a custom resolution? 3x may be larger than 1080p.
(03-30-2014, 03:02 PM)etking Wrote: Why not use a custom resolution? 3x may be larger than 1080p.

Don't worry, his machine can handle 3x upscale easily... maybe not with this game... what means that with this particular game the problem is elsewhere.
Imagination is where we are truly real
@Shouvanik,

Is it possible that you do not use the Nvidia GTX 660 as the primary graphics card in PCSX2?
MB: Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 - Intel® X79 Express Chipset
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4960X CPU @ 3.60 GHz / TBF2.0 @ 4.00 GHz
RAM: 4x 8192 - 32 GB Corsair Vengeance® Pro Series DDR3-2133 PC3-17066 CL11
GFX: Gigabyte® Nvidia® GeForce™ GTX TITAN X - 12 GB GDDR5 (GV-NTITANXXTREME-12GD-B)
OS - MS - Windows 10 - Professional
MS - XBox Series X - With Activated Developers Mode