.hack// G.U. Vol. 1 Cutscene freeze
I know this is a common problem, but does anyone have a workaround other than mpeg skip? The cutscenes are half of the story...

Thank you.

My issue in google code is located here: http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/issues/de...&start=100

Sponsored links

(09-25-2011, 01:49 AM)Kitime Wrote: I know this is a common problem, but does anyone have a workaround other than mpeg skip? The cutscenes are half of the story...

Thank you.

My issue in google code is located here: http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/issues/de...&start=100

can u upload ur mem? wanna try it with my game, dont wanna start and go to all the stupid process of the tutorial and first dungeon.
(09-25-2011, 02:41 AM)ecchiless Wrote: can u upload ur mem? wanna try it with my game, dont wanna start and go to all the stupid process of the tutorial and first dungeon.

It's actually right after the ADX screen upon boot, and every single mpeg after.

*2 minutes after writing previous*
... wait I just booted it and now I can play mpegs, I can't think of anything I did either! wow wtf.

Actually I think I know what it is. This time I booted off the external HDD I keep my archived files on. Retesting using the flash drive I normally boot on... I'll keep you posted.
Sure enough, booting the ISO on my flash drive causes a hang on all MPEGS for GU. I haven't tested any other MPEGS, unless the original .hack quadrilogy has some.

Barring a bad copy (unlikely because every other game on my flash drive works A-OK) to flash drive, does anyone know why this is? Frankly, It's kind of interesting to me. Perhaps something in the way Windows handles USB volumes? I can try it on linux if anyone'd like.

Obviously, my flash drive is formatted as NTFS because FAT32 can't handle any contiguous files above 4gb.
No clue, I was about to post that I had never had any problems with the mpegs in .hack//gu (played and completed the trillogy on PCSX2). It could be a read problem... as in your flash drive may be a little too slow for the reads necessary, but that seems unlikely unless you have it plugged into a USB 1.1 port which no modern computer has had in 5+ years. Even then it should only have caused stuttering.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Quote:as in your flash drive may be a little too slow for the reads necessary

I think you may be on the money, even though it and my port is supposedly USB2.0 interface.

[Image: b2Ak7.png]

[Image: 8lq7M.png]

Thanks for your help, I've updated my issue accordingly.

Perhaps we should sticky or note in the FAQ, I had thought a low read would just result in stuttering, not complete failure to read cutscenes.

I did skim the FAQ and stickies but if it's already in there I'm going to feel like a moron. Tongue