.hack G.U. Volume 3 Redemption FPS issue (New user)
Hello, I recently decided to pick up PCX2 again and replay some games, played persona 4 and other stuff perfectly but then i decided to try out .Hack GU vol3, the game runs at 60 fps normally but sometimes (happens monstly when i stand still or randomly during a fight) they drop to 40-27 for some seconds, this doesn't make the game unplayable but it's really annoying. PC stuff and build im using:

CPU: AMD FX 6100 Six-core processor, 3300 mhz, 3 physical 6 logic
GPU: Ati Radeon HD 5670
RAM: 4GB

PCSX2 build: 5681, tried with the one from the main page and had the same issues.
using the GDSx32-SSE4-r5681 plugin (Direct3d11 hardware mode) with 2x native and texture filtering. Only speed hack i have on is MTVU because it seems to make the game run faster, rest is set as default.

Sponsored links

Bulldozer performs poorly for single thread performance, which pcsx2 needs most. I am a former FX4100 owner so I definitely know. Set your affinities to even numbered cores so as to run on separate modules, overclock where possible, and use MTVU hack, maybe EE cycle and VU timing hack as needed.

Oh, possibly stick to x2 or even native resolution as that gpu may struggle at times due to its old architecture.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

try different configurations for different games
u need to experiment it u'rslef
nobody will actually do it for u
so i'm mentioning some tricks

1.Native resolution
2.allow 8 bit textures tick-untick (test it u'rself,in some games slow,in some games fast)
3.Tick enable hw hacks-configure-skipdraw-1
if have any issue disable it (but it works for most games)
4.choose highest instruction set (For Example sse41 for hardware mode,AVX For Software mode)
5.Renderer-try different direct3d renderers (e.g direct3d9,direct3d10,direct3d11)
see which works best for you

See u in Future in advanced newbie avatar Smile
(06-25-2013, 03:48 PM)Preet Wrote: try different configurations for different games
1.Native resolution
2.allow 8 bit textures tick-untick (test it u'rself,in some games slow,in some games fast)
3.Tick enable hw hacks-configure-skipdraw-1
if have any issue disable it (but it works for most games)
4.choose highest instruction set (For Example sse41 for hardware mode,AVX For Software mode)
5.Renderer-try different direct3d renderers (e.g direct3d9,direct3d10,direct3d11)
see which works best for you

See u in Future in advanced newbie avatar Smile

Judging by his post i'd say he knows what he's doing, so #1, #4 and #5 are useless suggestions. #2 is unlikely to cause any difference, #3 you don't suggest unless there's some sort of graphical issue that hinders gameplay or causes lag.

Try to read what people say better next time? Huh
(06-25-2013, 04:51 PM)Coornio Wrote: Judging by his post i'd say he knows what he's doing, so #1, #4 and #5 are useless suggestions. #2 is unlikely to cause any difference, #3 you don't suggest unless there's some sort of graphical issue that hinders gameplay or causes lag.

Try to read what people say better next time? Huh

dude i'm not reacting to u'r post Laugh
okay #1,#4,#5 are not useless
they cause huge difference
#1 is very important because some hardwares can only handle native
#4 it's also important if he use highest instruction set.he know he selected best instruction set that his hardware supports
#5 it causes huge difference
Direct3d9 is fast & compatible in most games.
Direct3d10 is slow with most game.but with some games it works very well e.g tekken series
Direct3d11 usually performs great with most games,but it can have graphical glitches
#2 is very very important becase allow 8 bit textures make huge difference
it can lower the Gpu bandwidth & result is game will play smoothly
#3 i suggested because u already mentioned that if any game have some sort of lag.i suggested it for mainly lag.because he also experiencing same

yes i read properly what people says.better to let op reply.
Are u insecure with my post ?
Huh
(06-25-2013, 06:09 PM)Preet Wrote: #1 is very important because some hardwares can only handle native
er... did you at least see which game he's playing, and which gpu he does use ?
Quote:#4 it's also important if he use highest instruction set.he know he selected best instruction set that his hardware supports
That's already what he's crurrently doing. Using SSE4 plugin
Quote:#5 it causes huge difference
Direct3d9 is fast & compatible in most games.
Direct3d10 is slow with most game.but with some games it works very well e.g tekken series
Direct3d11 usually performs great with most games,but it can have graphical glitches
???
ok about compatibility with dx9. But slowness with dx10 ? get a decent PC, and you'll see you're wrong.
about d3d11 : it's exactly the same as d3d10 pcsx2-wise.
Quote:#2 is very very important becase allow 8 bit textures make huge difference
it can lower the Gpu bandwidth & result is game will play smoothly
again, did you see his gpu and do you have any idea of the game we're talking about ?
Quote:#3 i suggested because u already mentioned that if any game have some sort of lag.i suggested it for mainly lag.because he also experiencing same
never ever use hw hacks when you have no graphical glitches. You're likely to produce some.

it's nice to try to help people, but please, try to give them good advices, and don't speak if you have no idea of what you're talking about.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Thank you Smile
Alright thanks for the help, guys, I'll try sticking with native/x2 for now since it seems to keep my fps from dropping below 49, changing the affinities seems to have helped abit as well.
(06-25-2013, 09:36 PM)R0mu Wrote: Alright thanks for the help, guys, I'll try sticking with native/x2 for now since it seems to keep my fps from dropping below 49, changing the affinities seems to have helped abit as well.

Good just mess with settings u'rself.u'll slowly-slowly know how it works Smile