.hack//G.U black background
Specs:
Intel® Core ™ 2 Quad CPU
Q6700 @ 2.66 GHz
2.67GHz, 3.00GB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GX2

GDdx 1476 (MSVC 15.00, SSSe3) 0.1.15 and GDdx 1476 (MSVC 15.00, SSe2) On this computer as well.
Interlacing: None
Aspect Ratio 4:3
Native: Ticked
Direct3D9 (Hardware)

Default Cycle Rate.

Using SSSe3 with the game doesn't fix the problem for me, Infact being on this computer made more black background screens appear (Introduction and First time in city is now black too). Which leads me to ask 2 questions:
1) Could their possibly be a problem with the ISO im using (Which I highly doubt).

2) Since my PC with dual core (3 GHz each) runs it with less black background areas then this one, Does PCSX2 only take advantage of 2 Cores? If so would that means im running with less power on this quad core at 2.67 GHz per core and perhaps generating more black screens, then my PC at home with 3 GHz per core?.

Sponsored links

Since you're running a quad you can use Direct3D10 (Software) or (d3d9 wtv Tongue) and increase the SW. rend threads to 4, and that might be faster and more compatible.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
When I ran Direct3D9 Software with 4 threads (Wheres there Direct3D10 Option?) it didnt make a difference, Still black title / menu screen and black background ingame T.T

Edit: Since posting this I downloaded the PCSX2 0.9.6 and tried playing the game. There is no black background yet, However due to the lack of "MicroVU 0/1" options in CPU that the Beta offers, I always crash at the first encounter and cant further test different zones. I tried taking the plug ins (As they are slightly diff) from 0.9.6 to the beta, and that didnt make any difference to the beta. So that leaves me with 2 questions:

1) Is there any way to emulate the Micro VU options that only the beta offers so I can get past the error on 0.9.6 that crashes it every time I get into a encounter

2) Can anybody think of any other possible differences between 0.9.6 and the betas graphics compilers that 0.9.6 has so i can switch it into the beta and perhaps remove the black background?

Thanks.
1: You could try creating a savestate with the beta (use microVU to get past the part, swithc microVU off, make save state, use save state on older PCSX2).

If that doesn't work, I know I have //rebirth around here somewhere... I'll rip it tonight after work and try and see if I can't find some combination that works.
just wondering isn't it suppose to be 3 max on quad, to be 1 core for pcsx2 and 3 to Gsdx?
C2D E6550 @ 2333 Mhz oc 3010 Mhz vcore 1.2750v | HD2600XT | P5KC | 1 + 1 GB G.Skill 6400HK 860 4.4.3.5
(07-30-2009, 07:51 PM)seinfeldx Wrote: just wondering isn't it suppose to be 3 max on quad, to be 1 core for pcsx2 and 3 to Gsdx?

Correct,if you have a quad core,setting 4 threads to GSdx shouldn't even work properly (or not even be selectable..)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(07-30-2009, 06:24 PM)Koji Wrote: 1: You could try creating a savestate with the beta (use microVU to get past the part, swithc microVU off, make save state, use save state on older PCSX2).

If that doesn't work, I know I have //rebirth around here somewhere... I'll rip it tonight after work and try and see if I can't find some combination that works.

This is the messege / Error I get when I try to load the savestate from the beta in 0.9.6

[Image: sstatenotload.th.png]

I also tried to fight the second encounter without Micro VU's enabled on the beta and it crashed me at the same point as with the first encounter (So I dont think without some way to emulate Micro VU on 0.9.6 Ill be able to do any battle encounters).

I tried the save states with multiple graphics options (Turned down to 3 strings for software) and all the same CPU options on both sides (Micro VU off as well). So I dont think its the threads causing the problem, Cause its a similar problem when I run Direct3D9 Hardware.

By the way thanks for all the suggestions ^.^
Okay I did some testing with my copy of the game and I found the best results were to turn on microvu0 but leave microvu1 off. This fixes the black background problem and prevents the game from crashing in battle. I tested further with one of the latest SVN snapshots (1580) but I also did a quick test with the latest public beta (1474) and it runs about the same on both this way.

Let me know if you continue to have any other problems with the game.

(edit) A quick note, the game doesn't seem to like speed hacks much. I've managed to get the game running with 1.5x cycle rate (2.0 caused random crashes) as well as having idle loop fast forward on (the improvement it gives is something along the lines of 1-2fps). Everything else (including cycle steal) either gives no visible speed improvements or crashes the emu so I suggest you avoid them.
(07-31-2009, 05:03 AM)Koji Wrote: Okay I did some testing with my copy of the game and I found the best results were to turn on microvu0 but leave microvu1 off. This fixes the black background problem and prevents the game from crashing in battle. I tested further with one of the latest SVN snapshots (1580) but I also did a quick test with the latest public beta (1474) and it runs about the same on both this way.

Let me know if you continue to have any other problems with the game.

(edit) A quick note, the game doesn't seem to like speed hacks much. I've managed to get the game running with 1.5x cycle rate (2.0 caused random crashes) as well as having idle loop fast forward on (the improvement it gives is something along the lines of 1-2fps). Everything else (including cycle steal) either gives no visible speed improvements or crashes the emu so I suggest you avoid them.

Your suggestions removed Blackbackround for now, Thanks ^.^! <3