.hack G.U. halo effects help
Hey, this is my first time posting on here, so I apologize if I mess something up. I'm playing .hack G.U. vol. 1, and all of the characters and some of the objects like torches, gates, and screens all have what looks like the edge of the object surrounding itself, like a halo. I've looked through multiple threads on this forum, and I think it's called "ghosting?" All the threads pertaining to this have not been able to help me. Anyway, I can play Native x6 fine, but I've tried x5, x4, x3, x2, and Native itself. I've also tried the offset hacks and they help, but they are still noticeable, especially in places with rain and fog. Is there anything else I can do?

CPU - AMD FX-8120 3.10 GHZ
GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 660
RAM - 8 GB
OS - Windows 7 64 bit
PCSX2 version 1.0.0

And I'm playing this game as an ISO.
Thanks.

Sponsored links

Tried setting skipdraw hack to 1 ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-06-2013, 09:46 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Tried setting skipdraw hack to 1 ?

Yeah, I also tried that. Any higher and there are strange shadows all over the place.
I had the same problem. I went into the video plugin settings and tried the different direct X types till it worked. Sorry i cant be more specific, But i didn't pay much attention to what I used. I have changed it since to accommodate different games so i can't check.
Switching between Direct3D11 and Direct3D9 doesn't seem to change anything at all. Switching to software mode for either one does seem to take it to just a small glow around characters at the cost of speed and visual pleasure.