.hack// Question
Question 
PCSX Compatibilty List didn't show anything about them that I could find and I would like to know which are playable and which aren't and which can be fully Played from start to finish and which can't

Thanks for the help everyone
1# .hack//Infection
2# .hack//Mutation
3# .hack//Outbreak
4# .hack//Quarantine
5# .hack//G.U. Terminal Disc
6# .hack//G.U. Vol.1: Rebirth
7# .hack//G.U. Vol.2: Reminisce
8# .hack//G.U. Vol.3: Redemption

Sponsored links

They are in the compatibility list search for "dot hack" Tongue

However they seem to have improved a lot in betas since 0.9.6 specially using microVU but I'm not sure, search around the forums about them to have better settings, maybe the screenshots/videos thread for example.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
i've beaten 1~3 on your list from start to finish.
I think 4 is also fully playable (since it uses the same engine as 1~3), but i haven't beaten it (got bored).
you need to use a beta and enable microVU recs, or else you'll get random TLB miss crashes.

the .GU games look playable, but I haven't actually played them enough to know if there's problems.
Check out my blog: Trashcan of Code
(09-03-2009, 07:50 AM)cottonvibes Wrote: i've beaten 1~3 on your list from start to finish.
I think 4 is also fully playable (since it uses the same engine as 1~3), but i haven't beaten it (got bored).
you need to use a beta and enable microVU recs, or else you'll get random TLB miss crashes.

the .GU games look playable, but I haven't actually played them enough to know if there's problems.

Ok thanks both of you I never thought about sreaching dot hack xD I forgot about that thanks
Besides the fact that the //gu games take a beast of a machine to run, they work pretty flawlessly in the latest SVNs as long as you have microVU0 on and 1 off (the background disappears with VU1 on in a lot of locals, though honestly even that may have been fixed recently).

I've gotten about half way through GU vol 1 without problems... I would imagine the same can be said of 2 and 3, but obviously I can't be 100% certain since I haven't gotten that far yet.
[Image: 2748844.png]
.hack GU Reminisce works fine with mVU0 and 1 on, I guess the bug you describe has been fixed
[Image: newsig.jpg]
i tried .hack GU vol 1 yesterday, but i had a problem. not a graphical one. it's just when i played it with PCSX2 0.9.6 latest revision, occasionally (twice) i encountered a crash. I forgot to take a screenshot (probably because it just hangs Laugh) but i could give some explanation. In no specific location in the game, sometimes the PCSX2 menu pops up (similiar as if you press Esc) though I didn't press Esc, and the game just hangs. i have to go to task manager and kill pcsx2 process...

but when i played it with latest beta 0.9.6, so far the game didn't hang. i can get more than 60fps while in building and field (though the first town lags a bit around 40 fps). however, during battle, i don't know, the screen says it's 60-65 fps, but i felt quite a slowdown. is it supposed to be that way or what?

btw, i tried the VURecs slider (CMIIW). i think when you slide it on, the fps won't drop during heavy screen, but actually the game will feel a bit lag.
CPU: Intel Core2Duo E7400 @ 2.8GHz
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4670 512MB
RAM: 2GB DDR-2
OS1: Windows XP Professional (x86) SP3
OS2: Windows Vista Ultimate (x86) SP1
If there is slowdown in the fights, make sure VU cycle steal isn't all the way to the right, otherwise it should play fine (if a little slow)
[Image: 2748844.png]