.hack/infection on an a6 llano apu
(04-17-2013, 10:09 PM)jesalvein Wrote: AMD = bad performances isn't always true.
But when it comes to very intensive games, best intel CPU> best AMD CPU. it's all a matter of architecture.
Dunno how mobile cpu perform in general, though. but if you want to run intensive games under pcsx2, a laptop (intel or AMD) isn't a good choice anyways.
still today, if you want to be sure about your performances under pcsx2, go ahead for an I5 at least clocked @3.5 Ghz. That will run most games near full speed, provided you're using a mid range GPU that won't be a bottleneck.

well on this i've managed to have a reasonably stable 60fps with my apu doing both graphics and processing and clocked only at 2.3... the fact that sse4.1 is supposed to increase performance quite a bit, the architecture increased the performance of the graphics and processing by quite a bit, and the clock rate is almost 4ghz, would make me think that a desktop a10 would probably emulate almost anything without even needing a dedicated gpu(assuming your ram is fast enough). really wish gsdx had a plugin wiht 4a x.x. not questioning the superiority of 4.1 at all, but when sse2 is your best option that thing looks like heaven ;-;

Sponsored links

actually, most recent AMD CPU do support sse4.1 (Bulldozer/piledriver/Vishera/etc...)
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(04-18-2013, 01:13 AM)jesalvein Wrote: actually, most recent AMD CPU do support sse4.1 (Bulldozer/piledriver/Vishera/etc...)

yeah that's why i thought the a10 desktop apu would have quite an increase in this not even counting the 150+% clock rate and the platform increases.

the wishing for sse4a or sse3 thing was purely for my current laptop which runs the llano a6... saddly not supporting ssse3 or sse4.1 T_T