.hack series crash in all games
(01-06-2009, 07:37 PM)icemann Wrote: Note to all that from playground revisions r547 and up the dot hack games crash again. Though these are random crashes that occur in both the town sections and during dungeons. Had 2 crashes happen on me in the last 30 mins.

Are you positive this is since r547? Or could it also be due to the changes in r550? I ask because r550 reverted some code in the Cdvd seek/read times, and the .hack crashes were originally fixed by changes to the Cdvd seek/read times. So if you've had the crashes in a revision 550 or up, we can't quite assume (yet) that it's a 547 issue. It could just be the seektimes.

But if the crashes happen in 547-549 then it certainly leaves nothing to chance. Smile
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team

Sponsored links

I`m not sure of the exact revision number that broke it. The last I had tested it in was r547 which while it ran slower than r553 (10 fps difference in a few places) it didn`t crash other than 1 crash intown after 2 hours of play which had never occured to me in the games either.

But in either case by the time of r553 the crashes have become alot more frequent and seem to occur most in dungeons.

Note that this crash is completely different to the original crash bug which was fixed many revisions ago. If you require screenshots of the crash and the console I`m happy to provide.

But you are right in that r547 itself is not the culprit. Its far more likely to be 550.
Old habits die hard - System Shock
This could be fixed with a Game Fix if that was the case?
Fixed in 363 and after
363? Don't you mean 563? :/

Now, longpost warning, lol.
On a sidenote, I finished G.U Vol 2 with pp r528.

In r563 it crashes in certain specific areas, as for example after defeating Ovan, almost at the end of the game, Yata speaks some stuff to Haseo about not having solved everything, and just before the credits, the emulator crashes.

I forgot to watch what it show'd at the console, but I just used the same memory card in r528, re-defeated Ovan and Corvenik, and no crashes until the end, and I just saved my clear data (oh yeah, clear data converting works too, nice Tongue2).

I could defeat him again to see what the console says. In one of these not-so-random crashes (quest to help Silabus to get it together), the console show'd the infamous "vm hack vm hack vm hack vm hack vm hack" and crashed. Didn't happen with r528 either.

So, I think it may be the recent reading changes that were made to the cdvd reading.

Some kind of specific fix could fix it... I think, I don't really know if what I'm saying even makes sense.
Woops. Yes 563 sorry.

I`m yet to beat Infection. When I do I`ll report if the converting of saved games from Infection onto Part 2 Mutation works.
so what exactly do you have everything set to?
And correction, the crashing bugs have been mostly fixed. They still occur on rare occassions.
Yes, they tend to ocurr at the most infortunate times. Be sure to save, a LOT Tongue2. If you crash, don't make the same mistake as me, watch the console, and then yeah, revert to older revision to continue around that part. Then if you want, go again with r568, that maybe'll crash at another part, so, keep saving Tongue2.
VTLB build rev 585 Hack G.U crash after Bandai Namco logo whit vm version works all right

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)