.hack (whole franchise) Slowdown Issue in Town
Hello all! First time poster here. I apologize in advance; I'm going to try and provide as much information as possible, so this might be a bit long >.<

With both .hack//Infection and .hack//G.U. Rebirth, I've encountered a strange issue where, when in town and close to several player character models, the game slows down. There are two aspects of this issue that puzzle me, though; the first is that for each of these games, it only occurred after the second time I attempted to play them. That is, I played without the issue once, closed the emulator, and opened the game again later to find the issue. Second, even though there is noticeable slowdown, the FPS never drops. So, attached are some pictures for diagnosis: there's a screencap of the game window by the warp gate, where the problem is consistently strong, a shot of my speedhacks screen, the gsdx main screen, and the hardware hacks screen.

Just in case this has any relevance, my specs are;
Intel i7 4970K (4-core @ 2.4 GHz)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
8 GB RAM
Windows 8
I'm using pcsx v. 1.2.1

Again, sorry if this is a bit long-winded, I just didn't want to be vague if I was going to ask for help D:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Turn off both slider speedhacks. You shouldn't need them with that CPU and they will cause the problem you are experiencing.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(01-30-2015, 01:14 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Turn off both slider speedhacks. You shouldn't need them with that CPU and they will cause the problem you are experiencing.

Awesome, thanks a bunch! I had those settings left over from running Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, so I didn't think anything of it. >___>;

Sorry to bug you guys!
As a rule of thumb generally leave the VU stealing(right side) one alone as for 90% of games it will cause this. There are a very few games it will speed up though, such as SotC and SOCOM.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD