Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hacking a game's control scheme?
hi, i was wondering if it can be done?

most US games use (x) to (advance) and (o)/(triangle) to (go back), as to where Japanese games do the opposite..
with emulators this can easily be fixed if you get confused often (i do)..

but i want to go a step further and get a unique scheme, as to were i can change a key like (x) do to something different.
but still have it set to be the (activate) key.

can this be done?? with all the cheats, patches, and actual mods to ps2 games, i figured that it wasnt that far of a question!

Sponsored links

Given enough time and effort, it could be done.
You'd have to find out where the game stores its key bindings, then hack in a reassignment to what you want.
Pretty hard stuff, I'd say. And it may be simpler to just exploit the options that a pad plugin like Lilypad offers you.
...like binding O to X and vice versa then save the reversed bindings to a .lily file so that it can be used later. =b
Intel C2D E6550 2.33GHz (OC@2.8GHz)
Corsair CM2X1024 4GB (4x1GB) DDR2 DRAM
ASUS P5K
XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB

Running on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.
(04-18-2010, 03:11 AM)rama Wrote: Given enough time and effort, it could be done.
You'd have to find out where the game stores its key bindings, then hack in a reassignment to what you want.
Pretty hard stuff, I'd say. And it may be simpler to just exploit the options that a pad plugin like Lilypad offers you.

i knew there was hope...
how can we find were the game stores all this info...
any tutorials?
(04-18-2010, 03:43 AM)k1net1cs Wrote: ...like binding O to X and vice versa then save the reversed bindings to a .lily file so that it can be used later. =b

?? ive played with the lily pad support, and its nice... but its too general, if i switch (x) and (o) ive also changed how i go forward and backward through the menu's, thats what im trying to aviod...

ive noticed all the features on lily, so if you know of a technique i can use, please elaborate
...?
What do you mean by changed?

Just create two .lily configuration file; save one normal bindings and another for the flipped X and O.
ASUS P5K
XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB

dan4682: If you need tutorials, then you can't do it. Sorry Tongue2
...even the "documentation" on the source is pretty much a dev blog; I'll stick to just compile things and b!tch later when something breaks. =b
ASUS P5K
XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB