having a small problem here
well the problem im having is that every time i run pcsx2 0.9.7 after about 10 mins it crashes into the wonderful blue screen of death saying something about the clock of the sec processor interropted, and it does a force physical dump, my system specs are athlon 64 x2 dual core processor 4200+ 2.20 ghz, 3 gb ram,32 bit operating system, with a nvidia geforce 9400 gt graphic card, and also this is a salvaged system mind u, it had several viruses that i had too clean up, and it does run warm, and even hotter when i run the pcsx2, now i heard that the heat can cuz it too crash into the blue screen, i was just wondering is my system too hot for the program??? cuz it run dreamcast, and gamecube emulators just fine, oh and when the pcsx2 is running the speed goes up and down, sometimes the fps is very low while the ee, and gps is way high, and also this is the first time using the pcsx2, would love too play my favorite games, so if anyone has any pointers of y my system is dying when it runs the pcsx, would be apprasied thanks Laugh

Sponsored links

Try installing the AMD Dual-Core optimizer, blue screens while playing are symptoms of instability in your system, since you have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 processor it could be your problem:
http://www.techspot.com/downloads/3116-a...mizer.html
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(03-11-2011, 05:24 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Try installing the AMD Dual-Core optimizer, blue screens while playing are symptoms of instability in your system, since you have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 processor it could be your problem:
http://www.techspot.com/downloads/3116-a...mizer.html

thanks ill give that a try
well the optimizer didnt work Sad im now checking too see if my drivers need to be updated but im pretty much, think that my processor isnt up for the challenge which is strange cuz it runs some of the high end games for pc just fine oh well Sad
those "high end games for the PC" are nothing compared to the resources hog pcsx2 can be.
You really need to have an Healthy PC to make it work
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
What you report has all symptoms of hardware problem and should seek for the causes and correct as soon as possible.

It's not a PCSX2 issue except where it puts the machine under stress (yes, how Jesalvein already said, emulators are very intensive and demanding on machines).

My advice is to look inside the Windows "Control Panel" -> "Administrative Tools" -> "Event Viewer" -> "Windows Logs" for the "System" log.

Search for lines marked with Critical and Errors (you can filter the output to eliminate the large amount of informative lines)
The "good" part is the information will be there even if the computer crashes or need to be forcibly shutdown.

Edit: The machine has not enough horse-power to run most demanding games but should not crash under PCSX2, doing so is signal of hardware/driver problem.

Maybe the path to get to Event Viewer is different under your actual OS, but it's there.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(03-11-2011, 07:37 AM)jesalvein Wrote: those "high end games for the PC" are nothing compared to the resources hog pcsx2 can be.
You really need to have an Healthy PC to make it work

really interesting so in ur opinion what type of pc would u need too run pcsx2 right i know mines a salvaged one but it still has a bit of life lefted in her, what would u recommend me to do too this pc is make it be able too run this program????
(03-11-2011, 08:05 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: What you report has all symptoms of hardware problem and should seek for the causes and correct as soon as possible.

It's not a PCSX2 issue except where it puts the machine under stress (yes, how Jesalvein already said, emulators are very intensive and demanding on machines).

My advice is to look inside the Windows "Control Panel" -> "Administrative Tools" -> "Event Viewer" -> "Windows Logs" for the "System" log.

Search for lines marked with Critical and Errors (you can filter the output to eliminate the large amount of informative lines)
The "good" part is the information will be there even if the computer crashes or need to be forcibly shutdown.
ok ill try that thanks Smile
(03-11-2011, 08:07 AM)mattjoe2000 Wrote: really interesting so in ur opinion what type of pc would u need too run pcsx2 right i know mines a salvaged one but it still has a bit of life lefted in her, what would u recommend me to do too this pc is make it be able too run this program????
ok ill try that thanks Smile

depends on the game, actually.

But some of them would require a 4.0Ghz dual core with at least a 9800 GTX
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-11-2011, 08:18 AM)jesalvein Wrote: depends on the game, actually.

But some of them would require a 4.0Ghz dual core with at least a 9800 GTX

lmao wow well this pc is literally on the short end of the stick, but the funny thing is i tried the system log that the guy above said and i was able too play a game without the blue screen popping up but it did run slow as a 7 day inch lol