Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
having issues loading BIOS file
Hello all,

Sorry for this "dumb" question but I'm having serious issues loading my BIOS file.

My BIOS files are BIN extensions but I cannot load them, even if I manually copy/paste them in the bios folder of the program it doesn't detect it.

Anybody help? please? :-)

thanks ( and why is it that it is so difficult to get an emulator running for PS2? the dolphin ( for NGC) is easy, only the espx and this one are giving me a really hard time to get them going)

Sponsored links

Is the BIOS folder location configured properly?

When you have PCSX2 open, go to Config>Plugin/BIOS Selector, then click the BIOS tab.

Check what location it's set to here (By default it should be Documents\PCSX2\BIOS, but it could very well be configured to store it in the root PCSX2 directory as well.)
Doublecheck that, and make sure the files are in that folder.

Intel Core i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz | 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3-1866 G.SKILL Sniper Series
AMD Radeon R9 280 @ 3 GB | 120GB SSD | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (SP1)
(05-05-2015, 04:54 PM)Deathcrow2811 Wrote: thanks ( and why is it that it is so difficult to get an emulator running for PS2? the dolphin ( for NGC) is easy, only the espx and this one are giving me a really hard time to get them going)
A hint : Sony didn't make the NGC...
CPU : I7 2600K Oc'ed @ 4.2Ghz
Mobo : Intel P67 southbridge
GPU : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti
RAM : 6 Go
@jesalvein, thanks for the hint but that is known to me :-) just to compare the emulators in this case

@ryudo, thanks for the help, I've checked your screenshot,and the path is the same but I don't have the same interface then you do... my issue is that I cannot select a .bin file to select the bios and if I don't select anything, I get an error message...
can you take a few screenshots of your issue?
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
care to post a screenshot of your bios files ?
how did you dump them ? using USB method or Lan Method ?
CPU : I7 2600K Oc'ed @ 4.2Ghz
Mobo : Intel P67 southbridge
GPU : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti
RAM : 6 Go
I didn't really get that dumping process tobe honnest so I took a "universal" one from internet

but the program doesn't detect the .bin files...

what is going wrong? am I forced to "dump" or is there another way?

Here's the screenshot of my available files btw... or so I try to...

ah, got it :-)

[Image: G6cEFm.png]
You're forced to dump if you want support here. It's really not that hard and I think many of us are happy to help you dump the BIOS from your PS2
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
well aside from your "universal" ones being illegal, they are Playstation 1 BIOS files.
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif]
Like our Facebook Page and visit our Facebook Group!
(05-05-2015, 11:09 PM)refraction Wrote: well aside from your "universal" ones being illegal, they are Playstation 1 BIOS files.

Glare owkay... now I really feel stupid Blush

thanks for the info ;-)

(05-05-2015, 10:44 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: You're forced to dump if you want support here. It's really not that hard and I think many of us are happy to help you dump the BIOS from your PS2

Ok, I'll try that again tomorrow then and let you know, thanks for the help anyway :-)