Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
having trouble, please help
so I'm new to PCSX2 and I finally have everything downloaded and set up right (to my knowledge) but everytime i try to execute or run a game i get one message that says "pixel shader version is to low" then another that says "the GS plugin failed to open/initialize"

the first time i got pcsx2 started it made me update my directx but now im just getting this and don't know how to fix it cause when i configure my graphics there is nothing in the dropbox for pixelshader.

Sponsored links

pc specs ?
CPU : I7 2600K Oc'ed @ 4.2Ghz
Mobo : Intel P67 southbridge
GPU : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti
RAM : 6 Go
cpu - AMD athlon 64 X2 dual core processor 3800+ 2.00 GHz
Ram - 1 gb
Graphics Card - ATI Radeon 9250 PCI 256mb ddr
if you need any other stats just say
i was just playing around with the configurations and if i use the zeroGS setting then i only get the error message saying "the GS plugin failed to open/initiallize"

also this comes up in the DOS window named "PS2 output"

Framelimiter rate updated (UpdateVSyncRate): 59.94 fps
* CDVD: Opening drive '\\.\H:'...
* CDVD: IO thread started...
* CDVD Disk Open: 1 tracks (1 to 1):
* * Track 1: Data (Mode 2) (1893872 sectors)
* CDVD: Disk Type: PS2 DVD
MTGS > Thread Started, Opening GS Plugin...
creating zerogs
ZeroGS: *********
GS ERROR: Need at least vs2.0
MTGS > GSopen Finished, return code: 0xffffffff
It means that your video card doesn't support Pixel Shader 2 which is the minimum requirement to use ZeroGS/GSdx.
There is one really old version of GSdx which will allow you to play on pcsx2 but most likely you'll have a lot of graphical problems,crashing,freezing and a lot slower speed compared to the current GSdx
dang, i was really hoping i would be able to use this. i guess i'll just have to wait until i get a better computer. Glare
Actually I forget about ZZOgl.You can use that plugin even if you don't have Pixel Shader 2(he uses OGL)
could you please tell me where to get this plugin and how to use it or where i could find out how?
(09-09-2009, 06:25 AM)countach88 Wrote: could you please tell me where to get this plugin and how to use it or where i could find out how?

Did you even bother looking yourself first?
[Image: newsig.jpg]