hello, a couple beginner's questions....
(07-09-2012, 02:45 AM)Archerko Wrote: not really a suggestion for someone that looking for help with the emulator....

actually i got a warring just for saying something similar 2 years ago Tongue

Sponsored links

(07-08-2012, 09:57 PM)ecchiless Wrote: wow talk about descrimination here..... jk xD

Even with a "bad" computer i can say this to you, jak is a very demand game, GT is = hard, and mgs in some parts u gonna have some drops, sotc is other game that is hard to emulate, like those u can find a couple more that are gonna be hard to emulate at 60fps.

Use the search function and check for those games that u wanna play, pretty sure that u can find a lot of post with settings and recommendations.

Sorry I didn't mean to offend, haha. I'm just trying to understand what other users of pcsx2 are experiencing. So what I'm understanding basically is that speedhacks are REQUIRED for some games?

And can someone still help me out with that first question? I'm still having trouble solving it.
Well yeah, there are games that will crawl without at least slight speedhacks even at top end hardware;3, but generally speedhacks as long as it's known to not break anything are always worth using;P, most people don't care, but it's always less heat, less power consumption and the difference can be huge, soo it's worth using even when not required(especially at laptops which overheat awfully as a "feature" of their construction;]).

Custom res can crash at some games from shaders(well happened for me only at 1 game and only on boot, but then again my collection isn't soo huge;3), like FXAA, maybe even from "shadeboost" feature or some other hardware hacks probably as well, try turning them off, it shouldn't just crash on it's own when your gpu has enough memory, and it does when you confirmed higher res is working. Generally through custom res can cause more upscale bugs(well as long as a fix for that isn't using custom res;P, couse there are a few games like that) and some hardware hacks doesn't work with it(like halfpixeloffset), soo using res multiplier is usually preffered.