help in upgrading the pc...
(04-21-2015, 07:10 PM)glurak Wrote: PCI Express 3.0 is only activatet with Nvidia cards when you have a 3xxx CPU or higher from intel.....

You realize AMD has that technology too...

Do you not like AMD?
Moe: [to Homer] And I'm pulling your favorite song out of the jukebox.
Homer: "It's Raining Men"?!
Moe: Yeah, not no more, it ain't. [throws the record out the window which lands into Smithers' car]
Smithers: Ow! [looks at the record] Ohhh.

what would ;e; do

Sponsored links

i dont know how it is with AMD Cpus x) so thats why i only mentioned how it is with the Intel CPUs

(04-21-2015, 07:33 PM)glurak Wrote: i dont know how it is with AMD Cpus x) so thats why i only mentioned how it is with the Intel CPUs

And its Nvidia why it doesnt work with lower cpus. They said PCIe 3.0 Only works well with better CPUs .

So I dont know how it is with AMD GPUs or Cpus.

And yes i dont like AMD because FPS/Euro is better in Intel/Nvidia x) And lower power is needed.
The only situation where the cpu would be slow is when, it is bottlenecking the system. Btw, AMD offers some good mid range gpu's but if you prefer efficiency, you can go the NVIDIA way. Wink
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(04-21-2015, 07:33 PM)glurak Wrote: i dont know how it is with AMD Cpus x) so thats why i only mentioned how it is with the Intel CPUs

And its Nvidia why it doesnt work with lower cpus. They said PCIe 3.0 Only works well with better CPUs .

So I dont know how it is with AMD GPUs or Cpus.

And yes i dont like AMD because FPS/Euro is better in Intel/Nvidia x) And lower power is needed.

You should stop posting bullshits Angry
And the pcie isnt "activated", I think you don't know what you are talking about.
i5 2500k@4,9ghz / Gtx980 Msi Gaming / 2x SSD Samsung 840pro 256gb / Acer Predator 24" G-sync
Corsair K95 RGB / Logitech G502 Proteus Core / Bose Companion 2 Serie III
Old JRPG fan, experienced mmo player, PC hardware expert
(04-21-2015, 08:20 PM)Coma Wrote: You should stop posting bullshits Angry
And the pcie isnt "activated", I think you don't know what you are talking about.

I dont talking ***** Nvidia is blocking 3.0 Via Driver on Old CPUs and Mainboards.

http://www.techpowerup.com/168027/nvidia...tform.html
(04-22-2015, 12:30 AM)glurak Wrote: I dont talking ***** Nvidia is blocking 3.0 Via Driver on Old CPUs and Mainboards.

http://www.techpowerup.com/168027/nvidia...tform.html

Not big soup-rise.

AMD doesn't give a sh*t what Nvidia does. They do their own thing. They actually attempt to keep their promises *cough*GTX970*cough*
Moe: Yeah, not no more, it ain't. [throws the record out the window which lands into Smithers' car]

what would ;e; do
(04-21-2015, 02:37 PM)bomblord Wrote: This will probably help it's 2 years old at this point so the difference is probably more pronounced with newer cards in general this should still hold true.

[Image: pic_disp.php?id=25612&width=601]

[Image: pic_disp.php?id=25617&width=601]

This is using a GTX Titan. All Hardware aside from the mobo stayed the same.

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articl...mance-518/

good, i love how detailed this it.but seriously,wht the gtx titan? i know its the brutal power in gpus,but doing the test in the gtx 960 seems more logical,oh well...thanks anyway!

(04-21-2015, 05:27 PM)Marge Simpson Wrote: eh decent point

Either way, the average person buying a GPU doesn't give two sh*ts about benchmarks on different PCI-Express ports. All they'll care is how it does in games.

it depends,in my case, i would buy a gpu if the result on the benchmarks are good compared to my actual gpu i have right now [gt 730].of course the r9 270x do more better or even the r5.but i would like to have a gpu for now and change it in 4-5 years if i dont have a problem.

(04-21-2015, 05:55 PM)Coma Wrote: The pcie 3.0 is near useless, period, the mobos with pcie 2.0 are still good actually, you are talking of a mid-range setup so we don't care at all.

so,in you opinio,what mobo is recommended? amd-oriented.and also,what do you mean of mid-range setup?the r9-295x seems high-range? asking only to be sure.

(04-21-2015, 07:39 PM)ssakash Wrote: The only situation where the cpu would be slow is when, it is bottlenecking the system. Btw, AMD offers some good mid range gpu's but if you prefer efficiency, you can go the NVIDIA way. Wink

...the cpu?in my case of putting a card of pcie 3.0 in a port of pcie 2.0 would be problem of the gpu?like,they transfer so much information so because of that,there would be a bottleneck...or i missing something?. and i aware that nvidia is more powerful than the amd,but its more expensive,in my terms i could afford to the gtx 750 ti if we only talk about nvidia.if i had more money i would go to the nvidia..if Sad
(04-22-2015, 04:19 PM)Z//B Wrote: ...the cpu?in my case of putting a card of pcie 3.0 in a port of pcie 2.0 would be problem of the gpu?like,they transfer so much information so because of that,there would be a bottleneck...or i missing something?.
no no , that was directed for a different person. Tongue2 (it's not related to your problem)

(04-22-2015, 04:19 PM)Z//B Wrote: and i aware that nvidia is more powerful than the amd,but its more expensive,in my terms i could afford to the gtx 750 ti if we only talk about nvidia.if i had more money i would go to the nvidia..if Sad

Take a look at this link: http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

It sorts all the GPU's from the order of power high to low, it will give you a better Idea on how those GPU's perform. Wink
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(04-22-2015, 04:28 PM)ssakash Wrote: no no , that was directed for a different person. Tongue2 (it's not related to your problem)

Take a look at this link: http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

It sorts all the GPU's from the order of power high to low, it will give you a better Idea on how those GPU's perform. Wink

Passmark's tests seem to heavily favor nvidia.
They score a 780 Ti 30% higher than the 290x. That's not realistic at all.

I think something like this is better because it's based on game performance instead of synthetic benchmarks.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gami...107-7.html

And anandtech bench is good for comparing 2 individual cards.

Z//B, what are you planning on upgrading and how much money do you have?
(04-22-2015, 06:46 PM)dogen Wrote: Passmark's tests seem to heavily favor nvidia.
They score a 780 Ti 30% higher than the 290x. That's not realistic at all.

I think something like this is better because it's based on game performance instead of synthetic benchmarks.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gami...107-7.html

And anandtech bench is good for comparing 2 individual cards.

Z//B, what are you planning on upgrading and how much money do you have?

damn i never knew how on-par the 7850/r7 265 was to the gtx 660

what would ;e; do