help me!!
before this, i can play persona 4 and ffxii with no problem at all...
but somehow, when i'm playing ffx and shadow hearts: from a new world, after certain period, the fps will drop dramatically...to make things weird, i can constantly get my ffx and shadow hearts around 60fps, no lag at all...but they will lag after certain period....i have to close and resume those games, then they will get 60fps again...it's kinda annoying for me to keep closing and resuming those games over and over...i have never encountered this problem at all with ffxii and persona 4...

Sponsored links

Are you on a laptop by chance?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(05-12-2011, 12:54 PM)refraction Wrote: Are you on a laptop by chance?

yes, i am.... Sad
Then try disabling power saving mode
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-12-2011, 02:53 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Then try disabling power saving mode

well, i already set my lappy to high performance...i already tried these games with both 0.9.7 & 0.9.8, with various setting but i still got the same result...
can you check your temperatures while using the emulator? Also it might be wise having something like cpu-z open so you can see if your laptop is downclocking.

(05-12-2011, 03:09 PM)refraction Wrote: can you check your temperatures while using the emulator? Also it might be wise having something like cpu-z open so you can see if your laptop is downclocking.

the temperature is around 85-89, it's quite high right??i already installed cpu-z but i don't know hot to check whether my lappy is downclocking or not.i don't really know about 'clocking' thingy as it is quite risky so i prefer not to mess up with 'clocking' stuff.i'm still a newbie bout tech stuff. Tongue
thats dangerously high!! umm... is it quite dusty where you live? also id advise getting a laptop cooling pad if you don't have one and try not to use it on material surfaces.

im afraid this temperature is the root of your problems. Laptops just arent made for the kind of load PCSX2 demands Sad

(05-12-2011, 04:55 PM)refraction Wrote: thats dangerously high!! umm... is it quite dusty where you live? also id advise getting a laptop cooling pad if you don't have one and try not to use it on material surfaces.

im afraid this temperature is the root of your problems. Laptops just arent made for the kind of load PCSX2 demands Sad

dangerously high???that's explaining my frequent overheating lappy... Blush
yeah, i don't have a cooling pad now as my old one is not functioning..
maybe my place is quite dusty though, i think i need to clean up my place... Tongue
anyway, thanks.. Biggrin
id get somebody to clean out the fan/heatsink in your lappy too, there is only 1 for the whole system, so that blocks up you're screwed! get it cleaned Smile