[help] pcsx2 on my pc, plugin or hardware problem?
First of all, I want to state that I already looked after info about my issue.

Hello there.

I tried to run narultimate ninja 5 on pcsx2 here. Game worked just fine in the menu but in the fights it was running at 40 fps and the sound was horrible. So I want to know if the problem is bad configuration or if its just my pc that's crap. Thats my second time using the software after a long time.

my pc conf:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Duo-core 5200+ 2.7 GHz
RAM: 3 gb
Video: ATI Radeon HD 3400

Sponsored links

Crappy pc, no doubt about it.
The cpu is a bit weak for most pcsx2 games, but the real bottleneck here is your gpu.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
try upgrading your computer or getting a more powerful one
It doesn't have to cost a fortuneWink
AMD Phenom II X4 975 BE OC 4.0 GHz, Corsair Hydro H70
AMD Radeon HD 6990 OC, Accelero Twin Turbo
ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX
OCZ Revodrive 3 X2 240 Gb
16 Gb G.Skill 1833 MHz

23 PS2's
true, but the more you pay the more powerful the computer will be because more power costs more money. if you try to save money and buy something less powerful then there may be performance issues. pcsx2 needs a powerful machine in order to run smoothly

another solution is to play the games on the actual ps2 Smile
Ok guys, thanks.
Donations for a better pc will be kindly accepted Laugh
ask your parents for money Smile
(10-24-2012, 01:44 PM)solidus Wrote: true, but the more you pay the more powerful the computer will be because more power costs more money. if you try to save money and buy something less powerful then there may be performance issues. pcsx2 needs a powerful machine in order to run smoothly

another solution is to play the games on the actual ps2 Smile

I just played Dragon Quest 8 at 3x native, with no speedhacks on a Phenom II X4 925 2.8 Ghz and a ATI Radeon HD 5850 on r5438 and Black at a playable FPS. Thats a lot for the money... AMD is very good. But there is allways something better...
AMD Phenom II X4 975 BE OC 4.0 GHz, Corsair Hydro H70
AMD Radeon HD 6990 OC, Accelero Twin Turbo
ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX
OCZ Revodrive 3 X2 240 Gb
16 Gb G.Skill 1833 MHz

23 PS2's
This is my comp. You can build this system for like 400 cause of the video card. Otherwise it would be like 200.. The only games I have issues with is the xenosaga games and some lighting in MGS
MOBO - GIGABYTE X570 AORUS MASTER
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
RAM - 32 Gigs DDR4
HDD - To many to note. NVEM, SSD and HDD
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1070
OS- Windows 10

it always helps if u have a good pc, but some games are demanding and may run slow even on a good machine. for example i have a good enough laptop and i am playing a game which is somewhat demanding. if i run it at 3x native i am getting 45 fps in a certain part of the game. if i run it at 2x native then i am getting 60 fps in that same part. thus it also depends on the game u are playing