help! slow fps!
hey guys im very very new to pcsx2, so i was wondering if you guys could help me with a problem, i have everything running but when i boot from my guitar hero 2 disc, the gameplay is at 20 fps, which is beyond terrible. my specs are...

i've got vista x32
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz
ATI Radeon HD 3450
and 3 GB of ram

is this too slow for pcsx2? or am i doing something wrong? help appreciated!!

Sponsored links

Uppgrade your CPU !
HappyTongueCSX2:Happy
Yes, your CPU is the issue here. And your GPU probably isn't helping much either. Your computer is somewhat outdated. Trying using some of the speed hacks, as well as creating an ISO of GH2, and running from the ISO instead of the CD.
Intel Core 2 Duo QX9750 Extreme Edition | eVGA 790i FTW | BFG GTX 280 OC 1GB | 8GB of Patriot Viper
overclock your cpu
q6600 OC @ 3.3Ghz, 4gb ddr2 ram, nvidia gtx 260, 2x 1 tb hard disk
overclock my cpu? is that safe to do? haha. but thanks for your help guys, ill try running an iso and ill tell you what happens
Try the latest public beta and then try speedhacks on it, if you're lucky with speedhacks activated and specially VU stealing you might get playable results.
(06-05-2009, 05:16 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Try the latest public beta and then try speedhacks on it, if you're lucky with speedhacks activated and specially VU stealing you might get playable results.

would overclocking my cpu help, cause idk i've heard that hurts your pc, and what is VU stealing?
(06-09-2009, 02:33 AM)LittleJoeC Wrote:
(06-05-2009, 05:16 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Try the latest public beta and then try speedhacks on it, if you're lucky with speedhacks activated and specially VU stealing you might get playable results.

would overclocking my cpu help, cause idk i've heard that hurts your pc, and what is VU stealing?
If you don't know what you're doing,yes you could fry your CPU. SO before attempting it,read lots of guides and do it step by step,after ensuring your cooling is adequate.

VU steal is a new speed hack which you can find in the latest PCSX2 beta in the speed hacks menu.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
ah alright gotcha, well with the plugins and the beta i seem to be getting an average of 50 fps on kingdom hearts an no overclocking, i might not even do it. but thanks for your help. its much appreciated, oh and if i go any higher on the VU steal, is that a bad thing? like is it a noticable difference in game?
It might break games, I keep it at slight and some games moderate but higher than that has always give me some problem at some point in games. VU Stealing too high might also increase your FPS but it doesnt increase your speed really.