help with a few games, DoC:FFVII, .hack//GU, KH2, and PoP:SoT
So I've just gone through and set up all my games in PCSX2Bonus, and got mostly all of them playing well without any glitches, at full speed, etc. There's a few I couldn't get running perfectly, I've already searched the forums/google for info and I've come up empty handed. Some of them I've read cannot be fixed, but a lot of the posts detailing this are not particularly recent. Hoping maybe someone on here has some knowledge about these issues.

Dirge of Cerberus - frame rate is awful no matter what speed hacks are used, and there is a post processing problem where half the screen is messed up

.hack//GU games - there's ghosting of characters when using anything other than native resolution

Kingdom Hearts 2 - ghosting of characters during certain cutscenes, I read somewhere I believe that it's a depth of field effect, as well as there are random black flickering polygons, for example on the Haunted Mansion when the camera is panning the view on the Mansion where you encounter your first heartless (dusk) creature (Shadow of the Colossus does the same thing when you're riding upto the very first mountain you climb)

Prince of Persia Sands of Time - ghosting issues of characters when not using native resolution

thanks a bunch

pc specs btw
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Phenom II X4 945 3.00Ghz
4GB RAM
AMD R9 270

Sponsored links

you can Improve your game speed by getting a better processor. the ghosting issue while upscaling might be fixed by some HW hacks, try checking them individually.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
You might want to overclock a bit. Depending on your model and cooling you can might achieve something as 3.3GHz without changing vcore and maybe around 3.6GHz with increased vcore. This could make a difference for some games
Speed wise I feel like I'm actually okay, I have all of my games running at 60fps 99% of the time except Dirge of Cerberus. For example Dragon Quest VIII, God of War II, Shadow of the Colossus) I've read that SotC is terrible to get a good frame rate in, but I have it at 60fps, so I'm going to assume it's something related more to Dirge of Cerberus and less due to my processor.

Regarding HW Hacks, I have tried them all out I believe, particularly the half-pixel offset hack tends to take care of ghosting on certain games but not on these. I'll try them again to make sure.
(04-14-2015, 05:33 PM)randomusername Wrote: I've read that SotC is terrible to get a good frame rate in, but I have it at 60fps
even I get drops on Sotc at some scenes, did you manage to get almost 60fps constant in all the scenes ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
I haven't tested it extensively, just upto the first colossus, but I am getting a pretty much constant 60 up until that point. Whereas with DoC, the second you get in-game FPS drops, no matter what settings. If it is a matter of CPU, I'm not gonna bother to overclock or buy a new CPU, just hoping someone knew of a solution for the frame rate and post processing issues.
Shadow lady had made an hacked gsdx for DoC.
Can't remember where to find it though
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Ahh I saw that the other day too. Damn.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I actually tried the hacked GSDX and it didn't seem to do anything, I'll double check it, maybe I did something wrong.
(04-14-2015, 10:30 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Shadow lady had made an hacked gsdx for DoC.
Can't remember where to find it though

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Question-...#pid175300

It's here I think. But it's a very old revision of GSdx. If we had the source of it we could add it to a more recent version of GSdx.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)