hey, I'm new!
Yeah the recommended speed for PCSX2 is over 3GHz, 2.8GHz and x2 cycle rate would be fine tho. 2.4GHz is definitelly not enough for most games Tongue
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64

Sponsored links

hmm... thing is, i tried playing aeon flux a while ago and though the graphics were awesome and the main menu (it's a game engine setting with the character and part of a level on it) ran smoothly, when i started playing i got an instant unavoidable pause screen and when i resumed play to start the first level, the game was really slow.

why?
Could be anything affecting it, running it from disc and not iso... old plugins... bad configuration... game is just slow... many things really.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
If you have one of the G0 stepping Q6600's get a good CPU cooler and you can easily overclock to 3.5ghz like I've done with mine.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
i already got the cooler, just need to do the overclocking. also gotta get a good controller to play.just got a pretty standard gamepad and a keyboard and mouse, which don't help at all
Do you own a PS3/Xbox360? Either of those controllers will work very well.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
i've got neither, just ps2 and ps1. decided to just concentrate on pc games