Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hey guys im looking for a new computer
okay so last year i got a computer after christmas *best sales*
and a few months after i bought it i figured out that im not able to upgrade the cpu...and if i did the watt limit would be too high and would fry the mother board
sooo....
i need a new computer
my current one is
ati radeon 5770
amd athlon ii x2 3.1ghz dualcore
6gb ddr2
750watt psu
emachines et1331g
i got it last year for a tad over $400
then all i had too do was upgrade the power supply and graphics card.
*so far i had a 4670 1gb and an ati radeon 5770 and a better psu which came too $397 so technically ive spend a little over $800*

im looking for something
*cheap*
really
like somthing under $400
any legit ebayers or sites would be fine

it has to have atleast 3-4gb of ram ddr2 preferabily so that way i can just take some out of the computer im using.
it cant be something i have too build
*i really do know how to build a computer...ive actually had to take apart my computer and my mother's and aunt's computer and clean dust and upgrade a few times ...but i dont trust my self when it too using parts that are from a website bcause its usually hard too take parts back when the store is online if something happens*

a pcie slot
and hdd doesnt really matter as long as its an sata so i can just exchange it with my 750gb 7200rpm one.

as for the cpu an amd would be cheaper and good on cooling and overclocking which is what i plan to do
so maybe an amd athlon x2 or x3
atleast 2.8ghz
and a bios that alows overclocking or somthing supportive of nvidia so i can use ntune
*yes i know its horrible for overclocking*

long ago in a distant city, i batman defender of gotham unleashed an unspeakable order. but a foolish clown wielding a menasing laugh steped forth too opose me.

Sponsored links

What's wrong with amd athlon ii x2 3.1ghz dualcore so you want to upergrade? It's fast.If you want faster you will have to give much more money for intel i7 or amd quead core.
(12-26-2010, 11:52 PM)Game Wrote: What's wrong with amd athlon ii x2 3.1ghz dualcore so you want to upergrade? It's fast.If you want faster you will have to give much more money for intel i7 or amd quead core.

im not a HUGE gamer that goes for benchmarking scores
i just need a good computer that can game and help max out my 5770 a little better than my current system

my 3.1ghz cpu cant go any higher on overclocking due too im restricted too software overclocking were y only option is ntune right now
if i could i would over volt it up and add on 300mhz and be done but its an emachine thats stuck at an athlon ii x2 235e dualcore
*lol i can hear my card laughing at my cpu when its gpu usage is only at 50%*
long ago in a distant city, i batman defender of gotham unleashed an unspeakable order. but a foolish clown wielding a menasing laugh steped forth too opose me.
Than get a Intel two cores procesor,they are more powerful than AMD at same cloack speed.That means a new mobo :/
Theres not many games you can't play unless you demand 1080p 2xAA at least etc and Pcsx2 of course. Yeah I'm thinking aswell the next step up would be an i5-i7 high clock which will be pricy to say the least. What is it that you really need a stronger CPU for? Pcsx2?
CPU: i9 20Ghz 40-core
GPU: GTX 129000 in Octo-SLI
RAM: 64GB DDREKT69
Monitor: 800x600 15" CRT
An Athlon II X3 is probably the best upgrade you can do with your system. Beyond that, you'll be spending a lot for minimal performance increase. For a significant performance boost, you'd need a platform change which is somewhat difficult with your budget.
(12-27-2010, 02:10 AM)Fezzer Wrote: Theres not many games you can't play unless you demand 1080p 2xAA at least etc and Pcsx2 of course. Yeah I'm thinking aswell the next step up would be an i5-i7 high clock which will be pricy to say the least. What is it that you really need a stronger CPU for? Pcsx2?

well im good in pcsx2 so that's not my problem but
im noticing that im lacking in hardware for other games
i can play crysis on veryhigh at 720p with 25-30fps warhead gives me more higher fps on 720p with aax2 on max graphic levels
more like 25-35 sometimes 40fps depending on level

but im noticing that when i tried to play cod black ops i can barley hold 20fps even with the graphics setting as low as they can go with the resolution as low as it can go

im thinking wtf!?!?
i know the 5770 and a 3.1ghz dualcore isnt the best but it should atlast give me 30fps on a resolution of 800x600 and graphic setting as low as possible.

(12-27-2010, 06:50 PM)kekdeyardrat Wrote: im thinking wtf!?!?
i know the 5770 and a 3.1ghz dualcore isnt the best but it should atlast give me 30fps on a resolution of 800x600 and graphic setting as low as possible.

Yeah that just dosen't sound right :\ maybe you need a driver update? I had serious problems with Fallout New Vegas on my 8400M GT until I had a driver update then it was fine.
CPU: i9 20Ghz 40-core
GPU: GTX 129000 in Octo-SLI
RAM: 64GB DDREKT69
Monitor: 800x600 15" CRT