Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hey is this ok to play PCSX2?
these are my laptops stats i know there not much but
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
System Model: G73Jw
BIOS: BIOS Date: 10/30/09 15:13:23 Ver: 08.00.10
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 CPU Q 740 @ 1.73GHz (8 CPUs), ~1.7GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8116MB RAM

sorry if it isnt the right info im not that good at getting specs and stuff

Sponsored links

no dedicated video?
(09-17-2011, 06:19 PM)aaa801 Wrote: no dedicated video?

sorry for asking but is that like my graphics card?
sorry for the double post but if it is it's a
NIVDIA GEFORCE GTX 460M
Assuming that i7 has turbo to a bit above 2ghz, it should be enough for some games especially turn based RPG's, using MTVU speedhack if you would get SVN version could help in some otherwise slow games too, but you can forget about more demanding games(usually most sports/action games are the more demanding ones, but that really depends on a game).
Edit: and your GPU should be enough for playing in upscale x2 or x3 meaning nice graphic as long as you will not be CPU limited.
well i like speed more then looks but i only have a few games at the moment
Castlevania Curse of Darkness (NTSC) PS2
Resident Evil Outbreak #2
Super Dragon Ball Z
Soul Nomad
Colosseum Road To Freedom
Ubran Regin
and atm im downloading Ape Escape Million Monkeys can i find someway ro run castlevaina at full speed all the time?
Have a warning for piracy, pandanoel.
Please read our forum rules.
oh im sorry im only doing that cause i do have a real copy of it just nothing to play it on since my ps2 was stolen i own all the games
(09-17-2011, 07:40 PM)pandanoel Wrote: oh im sorry im only doing that cause i do have a real copy of it just nothing to play it on since my ps2 was stolen i own all the games

LoL You can make images from your discs Monner.

Anyway, the only game there I have there is Outbreak File #2 and I can tell you it CERTAINLY gets full speed at even 1080p on a 740QM, but I don't know what your GPU is(Integrated/Dedicated?).

Seriously everybody's expectations of the 740QM is so low, you can play many more games than turn-based RPGs, muck around with your computer enough I get MGS2 running full fps on 1080p(except the hanger room with Commander Dolph, and when I'm using the coolant). I mean really the 740QM is a lot better than people assume it is Blink

EDIT: Although I must admit, a cooling pad is a must for sustained emulation on a laptop.
CPU: i9 20Ghz 40-core
GPU: GTX 129000 in Octo-SLI
RAM: 64GB DDREKT69
Monitor: 800x600 15" CRT
Haha, well we can tell you don't have much tech knowledge, but I suppose that's what support forums are for.

Anyway, yes we were referring to you graphics processing unit aka GPU aka graphics card. I would hope that any computer which someone who has invested money into an i7 would also have a GPU of some sort, and I was actually fairly surprised to even see an i7 with lower than 2.4Ghz clockspeeds. Then again, maybe that's because I only ever pay any attention to the high end ones. I hope you have a dedicated GPU because PCSX2 is going to be hard on you otherwise, I wasn't able to even use it hardly at all on my crappy old computer which had a 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo and a 256MB nvidia 8 series integrated card, and it overheated even when it failed (talk about a piece of crap).

Also, on the games, just pop the disc into your computer and copy the iso/img onto your computer, though you may need some special software as I did a long time ago before I had all this badass hardware. I personally have nothing against you downloading them as long as you have purchased them in the past however when you get really technical about it the people who work here could get into trouble for knowingly helping anyone who has downloaded the bios or games because the only legal way is to get them straight off your console and discs so if you've downloaded anything then if I were you I'd just follow a 'don't ask, don't tell' policy because then they can't get in trouble because they don't know you're doing anything wrong.
[Image: signat11.jpg]

My Guide to PCSX2 for Windows (outdated, but still generally accurate)
(09-17-2011, 10:08 PM)Alexander Moore Wrote: if I were you I'd just follow a 'don't ask, don't tell' policy because then they can't get in trouble because they don't know you're doing anything wrong.

Upon saying that though I don't think it applies for sexual orientation so you can tell us all about that Ninja Biggrin
CPU: i9 20Ghz 40-core
GPU: GTX 129000 in Octo-SLI
RAM: 64GB DDREKT69
Monitor: 800x600 15" CRT