hi all.. hoping for some help with FFX, my setup nd speed
schraube - Actually, it indicated that nobody knows what your problem is. Multiple people (including me) have played through that part fine on 0.9.5 or playground.
Hopefully someone will be able to help you, though.

And the fact that the PS2 is better at running PS2 games is quite obvious - I don't see why it keeps getting mentioned all the time.

Sponsored links

(01-15-2009, 11:57 PM)schraube Wrote: hi,
if i were you i would not even start playing FFX on anything equal or above 0.94.
i tested it with all these versions and they ALL crashed no matter what config/plugins/settings i chose
at a specific point in-game ( after beating the sin create GHI, the first boss fight around the 10h mark).
your best choice would be to use 0.92 or an even older version which MIGHT run FFX without crashing
unashamedly at that point.
i posted this very point of contention a few days ago and did not receive a single answer as of yet,
indicating there's seems to be no workaround.
in short: FFX seems to have been corrupted in these latter versions, if it was ever completely playable from
start to finish.
i just want to spare you the frustration i had after it dawned on me i wasted 10hs of my life on this POS*(Piece Of Superbness).
Sure, PCSX2 got somewhat nicer graphics but right now i'd still stick to the real deal.
if you don't own a PS2 as of yet they are really cheap now,even you've get a brand new one <100$.
And trust me, having it playing all at full speed no glitches and just everything working as it should
be seems like kind of a salvation.
Lucky me got some old SS so i'm just returning to my good ole trusty ps2, which still works like a charme.
And , on a side note, i don't have to waste a second to configure ANYTHING. Just turn it on and PLAY.

And FFX is supposed to be THE most playable game on PCSX2. Go figure...

Wow and this sounds like a person whining about a FREE software,which as it seems everyone else can make it work except you.Go figure...

Quote:if it was ever completely playable from
start to finish.
This is a joke really,FFX as you said,is one of the games that works great with PCSX2 since 0.9.4 (maybe even 0.9.2).You failing at configuring it is not a problem of the emulator
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(01-15-2009, 11:57 PM)schraube Wrote: ...

I smell ragepost... lol

If you didn't hear about how emulation is NOT perfect, then I tell you, emulation is NOT perfect. Everytime there's a change at the code, there can be a fixed game, or a fuxed one. And, the PS2 is a complex console, even if it's one of the most documented and stuff, it's still complex to emulate something like it on a PC.

Is very easy to go whining and bitching about how an emulator is a "pos", but is not really easy to go, look at the code, and know what's wrong in just one second.

And just on a side note, use the svn 0.9.5 to play FFX, if you get any crashes, restart from lastest save on 0.9.4, and save past the crash at there by memcard and continue with 0.9.5. The only crash I had was when fighting the gay-blue haired guy that I don't even remember the name (lol), when he first time transformed.

And, of course, I know you already did, and that's good and all. Use the PS2 if your experience with the emulator is it being bad.

EDIT: Damn it, Bositman got here first... Tongue2
bositman wrote:
Quote:If GSdx reports in its' bar 99% cpu usage,it's your graphics card that is limiting you.If it is below 99% then it is your processor

thats perfect. During the 1st scene that i'm talking about the cpu usage is only 30% yet obv. thats not to say if i get the gpu it won't shoot up to 99%.. yet for now, i'll get my shiny new 1024meg 9800.

rama wrote:
Quote:The core2quad (or even better, a E8400 dualcore) would really speed ffx up.
If those CPU's are supported and the board allows for some basic overclocking, then get the cpu!

Good2know that the E8400 series will improve over the Q8200. Because of the speed and the fact PCSX2 will not use four cores.. which even if it did, i'm sure the multicores do not improve speed that much, its less 2.4Ghzx4=9.6Ghz yet 2.4Ghz and the chance to use more processes at once. Some ppl get sold PCs and told they run at the 9.6Ghz...

schraube wrote:
Quote:hi,
if i were you i would not even start playing FFX on anything equal or above 0.94.
i tested it with all these versions and they ALL crashed no matter what config/plugins/settings i chose
at a specific point in-game ( after beating the sin create GHI, the first boss fight around the 10h mark).
your best choice would be to use 0.92 or an even older version which MIGHT run FFX without crashing
unashamedly at that point.
i posted this very point of contention a few days ago and did not receive a single answer as of yet,
indicating there's seems to be no workaround.
in short: FFX seems to have been corrupted in these latter versions, if it was ever completely playable from
start to finish.
i just want to spare you the frustration i had after it dawned on me i wasted 10hs of my life on this POS*(Piece Of Superbness).
Sure, PCSX2 got somewhat nicer graphics but right now i'd still stick to the real deal.
if you don't own a PS2 as of yet they are really cheap now,even you've get a brand new one <100$.
And trust me, having it playing all at full speed no glitches and just everything working as it should
be seems like kind of a salvation.
Lucky me got some old SS so i'm just returning to my good ole trusty ps2, which still works like a charme.
And , on a side note, i don't have to waste a second to configure ANYTHING. Just turn it on and PLAY.

And FFX is supposed to be THE most playable game on PCSX2. Go figure...

lol. The main reason i want to upgrade my pc is to help test this amazing project, as i've said elsewhere the xbox emulator is still "almost non-existent" since CXBX only runs ONE commercial game, Halo. If you would like some help trying to get it to work, upload your gamesave somewhere on the web, send the link and i'll see if i can work it with my POS pc.

Also, i've never even expected a commercial PC game to work without configuration.. at least 50% of the time i have to download a patch for them to work. If its an older game, I have to crank up my AA and AF settings for my 1080p HDTV. If its a newer game ala GTA IV then I probably have to expect a looong wait b4 i even get2play it thanx to this DRM Safedisc sh*t then maybe have to rebuy it in future as i've upgraded my PC. PC gaming is never easy.. Linux gaming is even more time consuming yet the look on my mates faces when i say i can get this.. or that working is salvation enuff. If u want help then upload it, if ur sticking to the easier consoles then its up2u.