hi, problem starting pcsx on Linux
greetings,
I'm using linux - when I start PCSX2, I receive the following error message:

"Could Not Load GS Plugin '/home/decker/PCSX2_0.9.6_linux/pcse2/plugins/libZeroGSogler.so.0.96.2': libGLEW.so.1.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

Can anyone help me solve this... ?

Sponsored links

From the configuration guide:

Quote:For Linux Users
Get the binary from HERE or the source from GoogleCode. To compile from source, follow the instructions in the checkout section, then go to the PCSX2 folder and type "sh build.sh all", and all the plugins with PCSX2 will compile in the bin folder.
You need the following installed: gtk2, opengl, libbz2, libjpeg, glew-dev, libxxf86vm-dev, x11proto-xf86vidmodeautomake and autoconf (version >= 1.9) Nvidia Cg-Toolkit, libasound-dev, joystick.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(10-28-2009, 01:37 PM)Bositman Wrote: From the configuration guide:

Quote:For Linux Users
Get the binary from HERE or the source from GoogleCode. To compile from source, follow the instructions in the checkout section, then go to the PCSX2 folder and type "sh build.sh all", and all the plugins with PCSX2 will compile in the bin folder.
You need the following installed: gtk2, opengl, libbz2, libjpeg, glew-dev, libxxf86vm-dev, x11proto-xf86vidmodeautomake and autoconf (version >= 1.9) Nvidia Cg-Toolkit, libasound-dev, joystick.

I guess I should have stated in my post that I have all the said packages, and looked at the proposed "help" already to no effect. That's the reason I ended up posting here
Well, first, recheck glew-dev and libGlew libraries. Second, you SHOULD use proprietary drivers from ATI or nVidia, otherwise there is no luck for you.
I'm using Fedora, however the equivelent glew packages are installed.
I am using the catalyst ATI ( official / proprietary ) driver.

Anything else I can do? :[
What does it mean "equivalent"? Tell me, what you distro name, X-server name, is glxgear working?
(10-28-2009, 07:48 PM)Zeydlitz Wrote: What does it mean "equivalent"? Tell me, what you distro name, X-server name, is glxgear working?

I am using Fedora 8, an RPM based distro sponsored by Red Hat.
"Equivalent" means that I installed the equivalent glew RPM packages. ( hoping they are correct )
Yes glxgears works and I play UrbanTerror, Quake 3 Arena and Quake Live on this computer.

[decker@fedora ~]$ yum search GLEW
================================ Matched: GLEW =================================
glew.i386 : The OpenGL Extension Wrangler Library
glew-devel.i386 : Development files for glew

[decker@fedora ~]$ rpm -qa glew
glew-1.4.0-5.fc8

[decker@fedora ~]$ locate GLEW
/usr/lib/libGLEW.so
/usr/lib/libGLEW.so.1.4
/usr/lib/libGLEW.so.1.4.0

[decker@fedora ~]$ Xorg -version

X Window System Version 1.3.0
Release Date: 19 April 2007
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 1.3
Build Operating System: Fedora 8 Red Hat, Inc.
Current Operating System: Linux fedora 2.6.26.8-57.fc8 #1 SMP Thu Dec 18 19:19:45 EST 2008 i686
Build Date: 24 July 2008
Build ID: xorg-x11-server 1.3.0.0-47.fc8
Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
to make sure that you have the latest version.
Module Loader present
Nice. look at this: libGLEW.so.1.5: cannot open shared object file and you'v got /usr/lib/libGLEW.so.1.4. So you version number lower, than required. You need glew 1.5 (o'k, we should made more clear readme).
(10-28-2009, 10:41 PM)Zeydlitz Wrote: Nice. look at this: libGLEW.so.1.5: cannot open shared object file and you'v got /usr/lib/libGLEW.so.1.4. So you version number lower, than required. You need glew 1.5 (o'k, we should made more clear readme).

Hehe, I would not have found that! thank you for your assistance, I'll go and glew my brain back together now.