how do i get gta vice city to run smoothly?
i am new to this. the game loads up and everything and i started playing it but quite often it will get slowed down and sound chopped and screwed for a few seconds then go back to narmal. any way to fix this?

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(10-24-2016, 09:42 PM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

i was able to gather this info:

PCSX2 1.4.0

Processor Intel® Core™ i3-5020U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2197 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 3.90 GB
Available Physical Memory 1.60 GB
Total Virtual Memory 6.90 GB
Available Virtual Memory 3.98 GB

Name: Intel® HD Graphics 5500
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip Type: Intel® HD Graphics Family
DAC Type: Internal
Approx. Total Memory: 2127 MB
Current Display Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

i am trying to get grand theft auto vice city to run smoothly or even see if im capable of doing so. it is not a disc its an iso file. im pretty sure all setting are default since i dont know much about this stuff. the only thing i did was use the presets in the emulation setting. the game works best on preset 3 for me but seems to lag every now and then so any help is appreciated.