Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how long do you think it will be untill pcsx2 is finnished for good
how long do you think it will be untill pcsx2 is perfect or pretty close too it?
2 years? 3 years? 8 years?

or does the pcsx2 team have a dead line where they are going too stop working on it after a certain amount of time?

i know this will definitely no be anytime soon

also if they ever do just decide they've spent too much time on creating it,
do you think they will just make a ps1emulator and build it in?
long ago in a distant city, i batman defender of gotham unleashed an unspeakable order. but a foolish clown wielding a menasing laugh steped forth too opose me.

Sponsored links

If development goes strong, maybe 3-5 years. It will never be perfect though, just like all other emulators
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(09-25-2010, 01:16 PM)Bositman Wrote: If development goes strong, maybe 3-5 years. It will never be perfect though, just like all other emulators

my guess is that every computer will at least come with enough hardware too run it at playable speeds in most games with in 2 years
long ago in a distant city, i batman defender of gotham unleashed an unspeakable order. but a foolish clown wielding a menasing laugh steped forth too opose me.
You don't know that, since to get accurate emulation it is very possible that the code will be much much slower than now. Usually as emulators get more compatible, they also get slower since they emulate the system more precise which needs more work.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(09-25-2010, 01:47 PM)Bositman Wrote: You don't know that, since to get accurate emulation it is very possible that the code will be much much slower than now. Usually as emulators get more compatible, they also get slower since they emulate the system more precise which needs more work.

so in other words the more hardware progresses the more pcsx2 has too be coded to work with it?

well...
i know that this is probably a stupid idea but
what if the pcsx2 started making special plugins for the newer graphics cards like console?

only for the newer cards that most people use though
like the 460-470 260 290
5830 5770 5750

or they could make it for low profile cards that you can pick up for $50 bucks

ps: i know its not all about the cards and mainly cpu but thats just an example
(09-25-2010, 01:59 PM)kekdeyardrat Wrote: so in other words the more hardware progresses the more pcsx2 has too be coded to work with it?

No. The more PCSX2 progresses, the more hacks we remove that were designed to try to keep games running at playable speeds on old hardware. Even now, for example, the "default" cycle rate setting with no speedhacks is about a 20% speedhack over what a real PS2 runs at. (translation: PCSX2 would be on whole 5-10% slower if it were actually running at the real PS2 clock rate).

Because DMAs do so much work in PS2 games, however, running the CPU at a lower clock speed (aka speedhacked) barely affects anything, so we've continued to make the executive decision to leave the default PCSX2/EE clock speeds somewhat skewed. The only times where this is noticeable is when you run emulators on PCSX2 -- ie, like the SNES emu for PS2. That's because emulators are very CPU-dependent; and need every scrap of horsepower that the PS2's EEcore cpu has to offer.

Since it isn't about keeping up with new tech, it renders the rest of your post moot -- which, as you yourself said, is a stupid idea Tongue. PCSX2 automatically maximizes the potential of any new hardware. Upgrade your GPU and PCSX2 will run faster; sometimes only a little faster, sometimes lots faster (depends on the game).
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
I don't think this emulator will ever be perfect same to all other emulators Out there that's why I think even if 5-8 years passed by aslong as there is a remaining developer willing to keep on improving this wonderful PCSX2 we've all been using will always be evolving there will always be bugs to fix and tons of things to improve on and Pls. don't ask for a deadline date since this project does not have a deadline they do this in their free time and I think its a bit rude asking for a deadline we need to be more greatfull to these guys and keep ourselves from asking such stupid Questions
__________________________________________________________________________________
this Project has seen People come and go but they will certainly be missed and will never be forgotten and this wonderful gift of theirs to you and me will always be treasured
My New PC
[Image: 1714419.png]
[Image: stargate_sg_1_stamp_by_OmegaDreamSeeker11.jpg]
(09-25-2010, 03:58 PM)anito9999 Wrote: I don't think this emulator will ever be perfect same to all other emulators Out there that's why I think even if 5-8 years passed by aslong as there is a remaining developer willing to keep on improving this wonderful PCSX2 we've all been using will always be evolving there will always be bugs to fix and tons of things to improve on and Pls. don't ask for a deadline date since this project does not have a deadline they do this in their free time and I think its a bit rude asking for a deadline we need to be more greatfull to these guys and keep ourselves from asking such stupid Questions
__________________________________________________________________________________
this Project has seen People come and go but they will certainly be missed and will never be forgotten and this wonderful gift of theirs to you and me will always be treasured

i wasnt asking for a dead line
even if i did there would still be no telling when it would be

but most companies have a dead line that after they work on a product for a certain amount of time then they will stop and figure that it will take too long and stop for good

*not that i want that to happen*
(09-26-2010, 12:44 AM)kekdeyardrat Wrote: i wasnt asking for a dead line
even if i did there would still be no telling when it would be

but most companies have a dead line that after they work on a product for a certain amount of time then they will stop and figure that it will take too long and stop for good

*not that i want that to happen*
"does the pcsx2 team have a dead line where they are going too stop working on it after a certain amount of time?"

actually you did ask for a deadline but Oh well and PLS dont even compare these dudes a bloody company these guys are not like those idiots whose only goal is put a paycheck on their Pockets and dont actually care about their customers at all Remember the first UbiCrap Ass Creed PC port it was so Poorly Ported and rushed due to a Deadline that It had a lot of BUGS tons of Problems and even though they released a Patch for it still did not fix the Problem entirely I still remember the all Pain strickenly it took to play it and was forced to migrate to vista just play due to the nast BSOD I always get on XP even though I did everything updated my driver Installed the newest .net framework ETC. so these Guys are the best Plus they are always ready lend a hand in the forums If ever you need it I mean if they asked me pay for PCSX2 I will Do it gladly
My New PC
[Image: 1714419.png]
[Image: stargate_sg_1_stamp_by_OmegaDreamSeeker11.jpg]
To see how much extra work is required for an accurate emulator, let's take a look at snes. Both snes9x and zsnes are good enough for most people, being able to run most games and having good speed even on old PC. Then there is bsnes which aims for accuracy. It takes a fast PC to run games at full speed and it is so accurate that some fan translated roms or rom hacks are not playable.