how to get SPU2 to compile on visual studio 2019 and to modern xaudio
if microsoft is launched from a building do you have to do the same?
we all have the right to decide which operating system is better for us should not follow those bad examples.
when I switch to any other sound plugin it keeps throwing me the same error.

Sponsored links

We have the right to which operating systems we support.
[Image: HkgHT5k.gif]
もっとちゃんと言ってよ
忘れないようメモにしてよ

(08-27-2020, 03:52 PM)josebraund Wrote: we all have the right to decide which operating system is better for us
I agree. and that's why pcsx2 devs also have the right to decide which operating system is the best for pcsx2.
if that doesn't suit you, no one is forcing you to use pcsx2. it's free after all...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
@ jesalvein
hello good morning sir you have to be a little more professional to give an answer

At no time do I complain because it is free, if not the change just thinking that they have an advanced operating system and they forget the best operating systems that exist (in my case I think about everything and not only myself.)

if it is for money tell me how much to pay I have bought (Readream Gold and PPSSPP Gold) I have no problem in contributing to improve a product I am not hard.
(08-28-2020, 09:54 AM)josebraund Wrote: hello good morning sir you have to be a little more professional to give an answer
"Professionnal" ? pcsx2 isn't my job,it's part of my free time
"have to" ? sorry kiddo, but i do what i want.

Quote:if not the change just thinking that they have an advanced operating system and they forget the best operating systems that exist (in my case I think about everything and not only myself.)
"best operating system" ? well, it's your opinion.
if it mattered, we would have known.
what you don't seem to get is : we don't owe you anything. we make the emu the way we want to make it, and if you aren't satisified, feel free to modify the source code and compile it for win7 (or use and older pcsx2 version).
As i said, it's free, and open source. you can do whatever you want
Quote:if it is for money tell me how much to pay I have bought (Readream Gold and PPSSPP Gold) I have no problem in contributing to improve a product I am not hard.
nice for them. but we don't take donations
We don't owe it to you to support your OS which is no longer receiving security updates and MS doesn't owe it to you to give you a better alternative.

Not interested in your bribe.

There's no reason to dedicate time and resources to supporting an operating system you shouldn't be using to begin with. If you want to use Windows 7 anyway, then you do you boo but I'm not interested in your crusade to stick it to MS by continuing to use an old OS of theirs.

Software is not "forcing" you to upgrade your OS by no longer supporting it. 1.6.0 is still supported and you can use that for the foreseeable future. If you want the recent PCSX2 builds then get a recent operating system.

It's over. You predictably lost the war of attrition against a billion dollar company. Windows 7 isn't coming back and the situation isn't improving. It will die a slow death as more and more software stops supporting it and harassing software developers about it will solve nothing. Sorry for your loss.
もっとちゃんと言ってよ
忘れないようメモにしてよ

@kojin I don't understand why answer that way
I am not bribing anyone (what I meant retroarch, ppsspp, redream ask for donations to improve their emulators if you want to do the same: EXAMPLE I have nothing against it was an idea that I proposed)

You have to know how to differentiate in donations to bribery. (in google example: "the defendant offered the judge a millionaire bribe in exchange for his freedom")

About windows updates I see it as an excuse I install the operating system to all kinds of people, even I have used windows xp and 7, and they have not given me a problem I have antivirus eset not 32 if I wanted to use (Microsoft Defender) the microsoft always They want to be scary when they remove support from an operating system so that people will switch

windows 10, an operating system that gives problems with every update, I have nothing against the operating system, I just don't want to use it because all the tests I did even with classic games let me down for that reason I prefer 8.1, 7, and XP
(I'm looking for compatibility and stability) no blue screens for connecting something.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLVZtG0G_sc

I am using the latest windows 7 compatible version of PCSX2 and I appreciate that you have supported it for years but you cannot be bothered by a comment and take it personally

(You can not try to change the way people think we are all different planets where we only inhabit ourselves.)
The difference between bribery and a donation is the expectation of something in return.

Your satirical video doesn't prove anything. win7 had it's problems. win10 has it's problems. It's installed millions of machines so going "I want it to have no problems with updates" is just statistically unrealistic. Since you seem to care so much about personal anecdotes I've been using win10 for years now and haven't had a single issue with an update.

But it doesn't actually matter because your problems with win10 is your problem. Your decision to use win7 instead is your decision.

For someone who complains about being "forced" to use an OS, you sure are bossy. The reason I respond the way I do is because I'm bored with being harassed with the same tired arguments for this.
もっとちゃんと言ってよ
忘れないようメモにしてよ

(08-30-2020, 11:42 AM)josebraund Wrote: @kojin  I don't understand why answer that way
I am not bribing anyone (what I meant retroarch, ppsspp, redream ask for donations to improve their emulators if you want to do the same: EXAMPLE I have nothing against it was an idea that I proposed)

You have to know how to differentiate in donations to bribery. (in google example: "the defendant offered the judge a millionaire bribe in exchange for his freedom")

About windows updates I see it as an excuse I install the operating system to all kinds of people, even I have used windows xp and 7, and they have not given me a problem I have antivirus eset not 32 if I wanted to use (Microsoft Defender) the microsoft always They want to be scary when they remove support from an operating system so that people will switch

windows 10, an operating system that gives problems with every update, I have nothing against the operating system, I just don't want to use it because all the tests I did even with classic games let me down for that reason I prefer 8.1, 7, and XP
(I'm looking for compatibility and stability) no blue screens for connecting something. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLVZtG0G_sc

I am using the latest windows 7 compatible version of PCSX2 and I appreciate that you have supported it for years but you cannot be bothered by a comment and take it personally 

(You can not try to change the way people think we are all different planets where we only inhabit ourselves.)
we don't try to change the way people think, we just don't care about what you think.
if we had massive rants about giving win7 support up, maybe we should care. but when it's just about some random isolated kids that tend to believe random videos on the web, I don't see how it can be of any interest for us.
(08-27-2020, 03:30 PM)CK1 Wrote: You can still use the emulator as long as you switch to another audio backend that isn't XAudio.
Wouldn't it be better to just ditch XAudio entirely? It would make development easier, and would bring the Linux and Windows codebase closer. Just DirectSound and/or Portaudio should work on all configs