how to improve FPS?
hello guys

i want to play rogue galaxy smoothly, i only get 35-40fps ingame,

here's my spec
E5200 at 2.625 (cant raise more because of ***** PSU)
atihd 4670 512 ddr3
2gb dual team elite 667 mem
160gb hard drive

using pcsx2r-1736
here's is my config

[Image: advancee.th.png]

[Image: cput.th.png]

[Image: graphicst.th.png]

[Image: speedhacksh.th.png]

Sponsored links

I seem to have gotten a boost using microVU, try that (enable the 1st mvu hack too)

edit: ok, you have Mvu hacks on with no Mvu, did you just turn on everything?
yes i just did turn on everything
there's your biggest mistake, I only ever use EE1.5 and IOP x2 (sometimes stage 1 VU skip) these are when I find best personally. you should do some research on what is best for your pc.

tweak the settings little by little till you find it's what you want it to be.
ok ill go try
also try enabling mtgs in cpu settings.
(09-18-2009, 06:32 PM)DarkDante Wrote: also try enabling mtgs in cpu settings.

This definitely! You're only running your game on a single CPU core right now, enabling multi-threaded support will give you a really big boost.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(09-18-2009, 03:51 PM)Saiki Wrote: there's your biggest mistake, I only ever use EE1.5 and IOP x2 (sometimes stage 1 VU skip) these are when I find best personally. you should do some research on what is best for your pc.

not really, it depends on game, for me cycle strealing and cycle rate are the only hacks chanigng anything ~~ others dont drop speed and dont improve ~~
Intel Dual Core E5200 @ 3,5ghz /gigabyte GF9500GT/2 GB RAM / ASRock P45XE/ Corsair CMPSU-400CXEU
(09-18-2009, 07:49 PM)Elwin Wrote:
(09-18-2009, 03:51 PM)Saiki Wrote: there's your biggest mistake, I only ever use EE1.5 and IOP x2 (sometimes stage 1 VU skip) these are when I find best personally. you should do some research on what is best for your pc.

not really, it depends on game, for me cycle strealing and cycle rate are the only hacks chanigng anything ~~ others dont drop speed and dont improve ~~

that's YOUR PC. you found your tweaks, that's my personal ones.
yeah enable mtgs XD

and VU cycle stealing nv4 or nv5 causes slowdown
in FPS limited mode for some games