Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
how to write (upgrade) a game?
Question 
which is the easiest way to modify (upgrade) an old freeware game?

The name of my favorite game is : FUTURE COP L.A.P.D

platform Tongue2sx one, pc

in other words i wuold like to upgrade the MI of the game, the graphic details, integrate into the game more musics, and objects. Moreover new maps and tanks....

so, whch software would be the best for it?

please help

Sponsored links

I thought that a mod tool can only be used for the game or engine specifically, not all games?
CPU: i9 20Ghz 40-core
GPU: GTX 129000 in Octo-SLI
RAM: 64GB DDREKT69
Monitor: 800x600 15" CRT
(12-24-2010, 02:59 AM)Fezzer Wrote: I thought that a mod tool can only be used for the game or engine specifically, not all games?

maybe.....
i don't know
any idea?
unless you have tools specifically created for the engine the game runs, i highly doubt its possible

and no offense, but i can tell by the way you dont know these basics, means its going to be incredibly difficult for you
[Main Computer] - CPU: I7 950 @ 3.2Ghz | GPU: Twin Nvidea GTS 450's SLI'd | RAM: 8GB DDR3 - 1600MHz | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | EMU: PCSX2 v1.0 | GS: GSdx32-SSE4 | SPU2: SPU2-X | PAD LilyPad | CDVD ****
(07-14-2012, 05:00 PM)soratidus999 Wrote: unless you have tools specifically created for the engine the game runs, i highly doubt its possible

and no offense, but i can tell by the way you dont know these basics, means its going to be incredibly difficult for you

yes, but he can lurn.

Furthermore it is a popular topic to upgrade old games...

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Retexture...it-Illegal

How to rip models from games "PC,PS1,PS2,WII,PSP or PS3"...
it must be works with pcsx2...

And MCV you can modify these ripped models easily if you import into CryEngine SDK" it's freeware".

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-New-Life-...ne3?page=2
There are so many tutorials vids on youtube....

Oh and as you see Tousen Kaname was not in the Bleach Versus Crusade game but a fan updated the game ...! Smile

The first vid for Cryengine SDK

(12-23-2010, 10:33 PM)mcv Wrote: which is the easiest way to modify (upgrade) an old freeware game?

The name of my favorite game is : FUTURE COP L.A.P.D

platform Tongue2sx one, pc

in other words i wuold like to upgrade the MI of the game, the graphic details, integrate into the game more musics, and objects. Moreover new maps and tanks....

so, whch software would be the best for it?

please help

someone started modding the Future Cop L.A.P.D
it looks nice Smile

(10-23-2012, 01:30 PM)pmk Wrote: someone started modding the Future Cop L.A.P.D
it looks nice Smile

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what's the name of the team?
(10-24-2012, 11:21 AM)mcv Wrote: Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what's the name of the team?

I don't know.
this mod would be better under the cryengine. It has better graphic engine and easy to use.
Rayman: Revenge of the Dark cool Smile

Rayman with cryengine 3 SDK