i have a great machine>>>but i dont know how to make right configuration
Sad 
hello guys::::
my laptop is toshiba satellite a665
core i7 q740 1.8 ghz
6 gb ddr3 ram
nvidia 310m
and im running my roms on pcsx2 0.97
when im playing svr 2011(smackdown vs .........etc)
the game works so slow
the sound is kinda of cracky or slow
maybe i didn't make a good configuration???
plz anybody help me!!!!!!!!!!!
N.B: i've spent all my stash on my laptop Sad Sad
so i cant afford a new xbox 360 or ps3 for gaming Angry

Sponsored links

Your system isn't actually that great. Not for PCSX2.

Your clockrate is low, only potentially reaching 2.53Ghz (w/ Turbo Boost). You'll be needing some Speedhacks most times. Try the Preset options at the bottom of the Emulation Settings. Start slow with them, and try to use as little as possible.

Your GPU is weak, and it can single-handedly keep you from full speed. Make sure you're trying lower resolutions for the best speed from it (i.e. native res). I could imagine it coming up short even at that, in some cases.
Spending all your stash for a general purpose computer instead of a gaming consle just for gaming? Not a good idea.
Yeah it's almost always the case with laptops, they sell them at a very expensive price, promising you've got a killer machine, but you end up disappointed. There's a huge gap between a laptop and a desktop computer and these 6GB RAM seem totally out of place, I hope they didn't put them in order to trick people who only look at the RAM amount, but I have trouble finding a use for such a high amount with such low general specs.

On a side note, I found an ad for your card on the NVidia site, they say in big letters "10 times more powerful than an integrated card", that should be illegal to make such ads: it's like saying you have "only" 25% interest on a loan Laugh
Intel i5-2500K Quad Core @ 3.30 Ghz
NVidia GTX 580 - 3Go RAM
4 Go DDR3 noname
(08-09-2011, 05:02 AM)Rezard Wrote: Your system isn't actually that great. Not for PCSX2.

Your clockrate is low, only potentially reaching 2.53Ghz (w/ Turbo Boost). You'll be needing some Speedhacks most times. Try the Preset options at the bottom of the Emulation Settings. Start slow with them, and try to use as little as possible.

Your GPU is weak, and it can single-handedly keep you from full speed. Make sure you're trying lower resolutions for the best speed from it (i.e. native res). I could imagine it coming up short even at that, in some cases.
THX for helping manSmile
but that's strange!!!! i'm running dragon age 2, assassin creed 2, 007 bloodstone , gta iv at the pc mode at the highest graphics available .... and they worked properly !!!!!!!!!!!!
i've read that pcsx2 index ... and it came with a great help!!! the sound is great, the video is at higher quality but i still need more help to reach max. speed Unsure
N.B: i heard that core i7 are the best processors ????? i didn't know they're so nasty like that>>>>> however, the highest clockrate of i7 pro. is 2.13ghz
is it also weak????
(08-09-2011, 06:19 AM)Livy Wrote: Spending all your stash for a general purpose computer instead of a gaming consle just for gaming? Not a good idea.

yeah.......... you r right Laugh
i think i'm gonna buy a ps3 next year when i get some good moneyLaughLaughLaugh
(08-09-2011, 08:24 AM)xwolfi Wrote: Yeah it's almost always the case with laptops, they sell them at a very expensive price, promising you've got a killer machine, but you end up disappointed. There's a huge gap between a laptop and a desktop computer and these 6GB RAM seem totally out of place, I hope they didn't put them in order to trick people who only look at the RAM amount, but I have trouble finding a use for such a high amount with such low general specs.

On a side note, I found an ad for your card on the NVidia site, they say in big letters "10 times more powerful than an integrated card", that should be illegal to make such ads: it's like saying you have "only" 25% interest on a loan Laugh

yeah man ........ i've spent 1200 $ on that intel crap >>>>> just to discover right here and right now that it is useless
Quote:but that's strange!!!! i'm running dragon age 2, assassin creed 2, 007 bloodstone , gta iv at the pc mode at the highest graphics available .... and they worked properly !!!!!!!!!!!!
comparing pc game to pS2 emulation is just a nonsense...
PCSX2 requires much more raw power for many games
Quote:N.B: i heard that core i7 are the best processors ????? i didn't know they're so nasty like that>>>>> however, the highest clockrate of i7 pro. is 2.13ghz
is it also weak????
for pcsx2, yes it's weak...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Not useless but pretty weak compared to what the same amount of money will buy you on a desktop. The general rule is if you plan on doing heavy gaming it's better to build a desktop and get a midrange laptop for anything you want to do on the go.
best for pcsx ist a sandy bridge from low end segment which is able to reach 6ghz and keep this clock through 24/7 on.

I bet no perfomance problems with any ps2 game in relation with calculation power. pcsx2 do primary use the pur calc power of cpus and fpus main functions.

Therfore the cpu may be any celleron like multi core that is able to take the forced hi clockrates. might be available at 30$+ everywere
(08-09-2011, 09:43 AM)jesalvein Wrote: comparing pc game to pS2 emulation is just a nonsense...
PCSX2 requires much more raw power for many games
for pcsx2, yes it's weak...

Ohmy
so plz >>> can u tell me what is the required almighty raw power to run ur pcsx2 perfectly??????
nobody offered me a solution till now except for V8 who told about the sandy bridges....... by the way, i dont know how to obtain one of those at my country....Wacko
to run pcsx2 near perfectly for all games, you would need a dual core @ 7-8ghz
to run it at good speeds for most games, a dual core @ 4.5 ghz.
Under 2.5 ghz, it becomes hard to get playable speeds for most games.

I know this may sound amazing, but some games will be slow even with a 4.5 Ghz dual core.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go