i just want to play
I just want a playstation emulator, and this seems to be the best one. I downloaded about 5 different versions, and wine couldnt run this program, then i downloaded the linux version, and finally i got it to work, but i got a messege saying GIFTAG warning size exceeded vu memory size 400, but somehow i got it to work, but the game was really slow, so my question is, what does that mean, and is there a place that tells you how to configure this on linux/ ubuntu. here are my computer stats
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T5800 @ 2.00GHz
2000.000 MHz, i can get more information if needed
any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Sponsored links

2 ghz is weak for pcsx2.
what is your PCS2 version ? which game are you trying to play ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-05-2011, 09:54 AM)jesalvein Wrote: 2 ghz is weak for pcsx2.
what is your PCS2 version ? which game are you trying to play ?

pcsx2_r4777
im trying to play dark cloud, but its actually really slow, but playable.
do you need to know the configuration that i am using?
also do you know what size exceeded vu memory size means?
i have a sony vaio vgn-fw200
and does the ghz really make a difference in how fast your game plays?
A juge différence actually...
Dark cloud Will need a dual core @3 GHz to play smoothly.
Time to think about upgrading or to dig out your old PS2 of you just 'wanna play'
(07-05-2011, 12:53 PM)jesalvein Wrote: A juge différence actually...
Dark cloud Will need a dual core @3 GHz to play smoothly.
Time to think about upgrading or to dig out your old PS2 of you just 'wanna play'

well i read somewhere that ram was more important than ghz, and my computer has 4 gigabytes, so that should be equivalent to at least 3 ghz. dont you think that it has something to do with my configuration? on thing that i notice is that whenever i play dark cloud my computer starts to perform a lot faster, thus it get a lot hotter. thanks for the info so far.
O.o who told you that? LOL PCSX2 will be fine with 1gb ram(which is probably already less than the lowest produced) easily as long as your OS itself doesn't require more;P. PCSX2 is an emulator that converts completely different system using some heavy math to run on PC, don't look at it like over PC games. It's much more demanding, especially CPU speed wise. You can experiment with speedhacks, run the game in native, but if it just requires more than you have, then you don't find a magical switch called "fullspeed". Sorry.
(07-05-2011, 07:29 PM)miseru99 Wrote: O.o who told you that? LOL PCSX2 will be fine with 1gb ram(which is probably already less than the lowest produced) easily as long as your OS itself doesn't require more;P. PCSX2 is an emulator that converts completely different system using some heavy math to run on PC, don't look at it like over PC games. It's much more demanding, especially CPU speed wise. You can experiment with speedhacks, run the game in native, but if it just requires more than you have, then you don't find a magical switch called "fullspeed". Sorry.

well i google, i typed in, what is Ghz, and in on of the articles some people said that from 2Ghz to 2.6Ghz would not make much difference, and they also said that you would notice the speed difference more, if you changed from 2gigabytes of ram to 3.
it may be right for a few software, (very few) but not pcsx2
The GIFTAG warning is normal, you can ignore it.
Your computer is too slow though, as others mentioned.
I'm pretty sure it comes with a weak onboard graphic card, too.

Unfortunately PCSX2 requires a fast machine to get games up to 60FPS.
(07-05-2011, 11:11 PM)rama Wrote: The GIFTAG warning is normal, you can ignore it.
Your computer is too slow though, as others mentioned.
I'm pretty sure it comes with a weak onboard graphic card, too.

Unfortunately PCSX2 requires a fast machine to get games up to 60FPS.
thanks for the replies, i think im just going to read the configuration tutorial and get the most that i can out of this software, really slow but still playable, also i just wanted to thank the people that made pcsx2, this just makes the world that much better, thanks.