i looking to playing this game on my....
you guys talking like i insulting you with my pc
in "Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?" thread
they put the Quads core without exception in "Will work at a reasonably playable speed (this does not mean full speed):" Catagory.
then this Quad has 4 MB Cache, how Elwin say it has low cache ? all of you has i7 now ?

and about GTA IV i playing it now with great fps (but don't know how much exactly) no freezes no crashes, no lags, playing it like an old game.

all i asking if i lowing the setting to low or very low will make it better ???

Sponsored links

(12-26-2009, 02:43 PM)ZeraX Wrote: you guys talking like i insulting you with my pc
in "Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?" thread
they put the Quads core without exception in "Will work at a reasonably playable speed (this does not mean full speed):" Catagory.
then this Quad has 4 MB Cache, how Elwin say it has low cache ? all of you has i7 now ?

and about GTA IV i playing it now with great fps (but don't know how much exactly) no freezes no crashes, no lags, playing it like an old game.

all i asking if i lowing the setting to low or very low will make it better ???

basicly yeah..
the main idea is to use the native internal res is much-much better speed then using a really high internal res..
but setting differs from game to game
ur cpu probably will be ur bottleneck..
it's good though but take note that pcsx2 doesn't take advantage of its 4 cores..
currently using 2 core that is 1 for emulating or compiling and 1 for GS i supposedTongue
[Image: 871087.png]

*Mio sees a ghost for the first time*
Mio: Aaaaaaah!! x_x
Seriously, the way she acts, you'd think she grew up with ghosts.
The PCSX2 doesn't really have a "very low, very high" setting like a normal game, because it's emulating a console, if the console didn't have a very low / very high setting, the emulator won't. Unless the coders reverse engineer or something complex like that.

If it's still lagging, put on all the speedhacks, 1.5x cycle, VU slider to 1 and see what happens, also turn off all the gamefixes and put res in GSdx 9 or 10 to native.

That's what I did and Rogue Galaxy went from an unplayable lag fest to a very smooth playable game. With graphical glitches.

- Also, I wasn't rig-bashing, Elwin was acting like a douche, and I made a snide comment.
[Image: 2212125.png]
| XFX HD6950 2048MB @ 900/1400 |
(12-25-2009, 01:53 AM)Elwin Wrote: Q8200 perfect?? ROTFL. This procesor was a first quad and it was a failure, it has to low cache meory for quad CPU and it results in lags when he needs 4 core like in GTA IV, not much visible but it does ...
your PC is tipical supermarket Crap .. crappy q8200 + gf9400 with 1gb memory which card cant utilize at all ... probably with g31 mobo and no name PSU

Rest is as decode said.

GTA4 runs like rubbish on any PC, even my Phenom II 965 4GHZ.
AMD Phenom II 940 @ 3.6GHZ, 4GB PC8500 @ 1100MHZ, 4870x2 @ Stock.
(12-25-2009, 04:29 AM)BlueSamurai Wrote: Core E5200 with a GF9500GT, that's so much better isn't it?

Smile

OK i went to far. But no one will tell me that q8200 is very nice processor .. i dont bash neither intel nor amd just Q8xxx series was bad .. I would always go for Q6600 insted of one of Q8xxx .

And about my rig: i run almost all games on full speeed in high resultion (not 2d ones)... itts not i7 but price/perfomrnace is much better then one above. Of course PCSX2 games .. i do not play new PC games, they dont take my atention

Back to topic .. as was said there is barely something like low and high settings in emu .. native res chcecked .. but i guess you have it already.
Intel Dual Core E5200 @ 3,5ghz /gigabyte GF9500GT/2 GB RAM / ASRock P45XE/ Corsair CMPSU-400CXEU
8200's pretty good.. It'll OC to 3GHZ easy.
AMD Phenom II 940 @ 3.6GHZ, 4GB PC8500 @ 1100MHZ, 4870x2 @ Stock.
Well i do not share your opinion but whatever.
Second thing .. OC .. to OC you need decent rest of PC. Judging by q8200+ 9400gt 1 gb .. i am 90% sure the rest is:

mobo on g31 with too weak power phases to OC quad.
no name PSU which make OC risky
800 mhz ram which want allow such OC for 333fsb CPU.

If i am right i would not recomend trying OC on his PC. Sorry its not bashing now
.. just to avoid frying his PC
Intel Dual Core E5200 @ 3,5ghz /gigabyte GF9500GT/2 GB RAM / ASRock P45XE/ Corsair CMPSU-400CXEU
Nice analyzing skill, Elwin Tongue2
But even if he had that hardware, the cpu would still OC to 3.00Ghz Wink
Good ram will alow to reach 3ghz .. but mobo might dont, depends. First thing would be mobo Oc capabailities second .. the power phases .. such syupermarket pcs tends to have ga-g31m-s2l usually .. with that board and quad OC mobo temp might rise a bit high . ..
now i have 9500 GT 1 GB..

i tried MGS3 the result was good but the problem, it's missing a lot of things.
some of terrien spot not appear until you get close, same with trees
but the performance was not very bad. i'm gonna try it with 9500 GT
maybe give me better things..