Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i need help please
I have fully installed pcsx2 0.9.6. I am running it as administrator. I am trying to config so that I can play Maximo. When I config I get one of two errors. I either get an error that my plugins cannot be loaded, or I get an error that there was a bad allocation and pcsx2 is shutting down. After trying to config, this is what my Output looks like this:
PCSX2 0.9.6 - compiled on Feb 27 2009
Savestate version: 8b400004
x86Init:
CPU vendor name = AuthenticAMD
FamilyID = 3
x86Family = AMD V140 Processor
CPU speed = 2.325 Ghz
Cores = 1 physical [1 logical]
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = 078bfbff 00802009
x86EFlags = efd3fbff

Features:
Detected MMX
Detected SSE
Detected SSE2
Detected SSE3
Not Detected SSSE3
Not Detected SSE4.1

Extended AMD Features:
Detected MMX2
Detected 3DNOW
Detected 3DNOW2

i have a compaq presario cq56
windows 7
4gb of ram

any help would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored links

Start by fully uninstalling 0.9.6. It's old, and you should use the latest beta

When you install the new, do not install in "Program Files" or "My Documents". Instead, create a custom location for it (i.e. "C:\PCSX2"). Now you can stop with the "Run as Admin" stuff. Wink

A fair warning: Your laptop comes very short of the recommended system specs for much of PCSX2. Some of the games here may be okay for your system (the one's with minimal GPU requirements). In general, always use native resolution and Speedhacks. Some 2D games should be alright, but most any 3D game will be fairly slow, or very slow.

Just to share: I've tried emulating FFX on a very similar laptop. It could actually be found playable (with Speedhacks, on native). This may vary on opinion, but this is coming from someone who is used to full speed.
yeah your mistake was an older version. Newer versions are faster and navigate the games coding well. Rezard got to this post quick..nice.
(OS:Win7_64bit ULTIMATE) (M4a88TD-M asus mobo)
[Processor:AMD AthlonII x4 645 3.720ghz(OC)Quadcore]
VideoCard-[ATIradeon5750(OC) 850mhz 2GB
RAM-[DDR3-4GB Matched RAM w/ Heat Spreaders]HYperX BLU
cpu-cooler- H60 closed loop water cooling.
After not being able to get it fully installed and working correctly on my laptop, I have installed it on my husbands computer. But now, we are having problems figuring out what to set the frame rates for. Right now he has his frps set to 60. While running games, the cinematics run fine, but in game play the frps drops to 5-8 fps.

he has
2 gb ram
3.0 intel single core
nvidia 9800 sparkle 1gb

can anyone point me in a good direction?
The CPU is the problem ..... you need a more powerful CPU , try with the speed hack
Speed hacks...nah..PCSX2 is NOT recommended on a laptop..though..My wifes Dell Laptop did very well.. 4GB RAM 2.66Dual Core and an on board GFX card. The GFX card is Nvidia.
basicly your 2gb of RAM well 1GB is used by your operating system, so 1GB give or take is used for
PCSX2. and then your CPU is Single Core, which means it has alot of work to do, and not enough
room to do it. Your graphics card seems like it would barely be 0K. other than that, Find a computer
with at least the Statistics I put:
4GB RAM, 2.66 Dual Core, Win7, graphics card is whatever you choose.
(OS:Win7_64bit ULTIMATE) (M4a88TD-M asus mobo)
[Processor:AMD AthlonII x4 645 3.720ghz(OC)Quadcore]
VideoCard-[ATIradeon5750(OC) 850mhz 2GB
RAM-[DDR3-4GB Matched RAM w/ Heat Spreaders]HYperX BLU
cpu-cooler- H60 closed loop water cooling.