i set up pcsx2, why does it look terrible compared to actual ps2?
someone please help me, i installed pcsx2 but i cant get it to look anything other than terrible, i went through the setup, and the games load and it works, but the difference is just...it cant be my system, i have a good system.

http://imgur.com/a/Of9tD

there is a picture of the way it looks on my screen, the way it looks on the ps2, and my system specs.

Sponsored links

Go to Config>Video>Plugin Settings. Untick native and set it to 2-3x.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]

wow, that fixed most of it, any idea how to fix the hair and shader issues?
The hair can only be fixed with the software render, but it won't look very good. The shadow issue can be addressed like this. Under the video plugin settings look for hardware hacks. Click the little button and set the Skipdraw value to 4. Be sure to put a tick in the box to enable hardware hacks as well.
(04-08-2014, 05:22 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: The hair can only be fixed with the software render, but it won't look very good. The shadow issue can be addressed like this. Under the video plugin settings look for hardware hacks. Click the little button and set the Skipdraw value to 4. Be sure to put a tick in the box to enable hardware hacks as well.

neither of those worked... sadly, i dont care about the hair as much as i care about that weird shader issue. after setting it to software, and doing the hack now the game is in slow motion, altho the hair is fixed lol.
The shadows can only be fixed in hardware mode, but you will be left with the weird hair. Everyone's eyes will also be missing, except daxter's which can show up on your mini map.
(04-08-2014, 05:56 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: The shadows can only be fixed in hardware mode, but you will be left with the weird hair. Everyone's eyes will also be missing, except daxter's which can show up on your mini map.

yep, i see what you're talking about, ok, i got it working well enough. im happy.

thank you.
Not a problem. Enjoy Smile