i3 Processors
I have a question about the i3 processors,are they suitable for PCSX2? i really don't see why its not i mean its one of the most powerful CPU even if its kinda old,so can a 2.5ghz i3 processor do the trick? (not talking about the VGA)

Thanks!

Sponsored links

Its nic for pcsx2
2.5 ghz won't totally get you to where you need to be so you will have slow downs. Also they are completely locked, so absolutely no overclocking at all. But, MTVU does work well on the hyperthreads.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Would be better if it were 3GHz+, but it will be fine for a decent amount of games. There will be a fair few games that will be bottlenecked by it however.
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming
Games like shadow of collossus.,lagg on it..
(06-28-2013, 06:16 PM)DaTankAC Wrote: 2.5 ghz won't totally get you to where you need to be so you will have slow downs. Also they are completely locked, so absolutely no overclocking at all. But, MTVU does work well on the hyperthreads.

who said that clarkdales ( i3 5XX ) can OC to 4GHz with ease Smile

however the 3 generations after ( SB 2XXX IB 3XXX Haswell 4XXX ) can't be OCed :/
Hmm, well he didn't mention what particular i3, so that makes sense. But Clarkdales require a very old dead-end motherboard socket. Clock for clock on the benchmark thread, Sandy Bridge is about 400mhz lower when reaching the same fps. But the overclock capable cpu makes up for it.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

(06-28-2013, 09:00 PM)DaTankAC Wrote: Hmm, well he didn't mention what particular i3, so that makes sense. But Clarkdales require a very old dead-end motherboard socket. Clock for clock on the benchmark thread, Sandy Bridge is about 400mhz lower when reaching the same fps. But the overclock capable cpu makes up for it.

true having an 1055 socket is much better than 1056 Dam you Intel for making a socket just for a pin Tongue