i5/i7 and ram question
Quote:IMHO, Perf wise puts all your money into the GPU (might worth to wait a bit that AMD releases some GPUs to help to reduce Nvidia prices)

Yes am hoping/waiting 1070 prices will lower (to atleast the srp of $379, it will probably be $100 more on launch day here) when amd releases those new gpus. For now i'll just stick to igpu... its probably better than my old card.

Sponsored links

(06-02-2016, 07:31 PM)ecchi Wrote: Yes am hoping/waiting 1070 prices will lower (to atleast the srp of $379, it will probably be $100 more on launch day here) when amd releases those new gpus. For now i'll just stick to igpu... its probably better than my old card.

RX 480 releases June 29.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
Honestly I'd wait if possible till at least July when the Nvidia AIB's come out with their custom cooling solutions and cheaper prices. Also that gives time to see benchmarks on AMD's new card and see what truly fits your budget.

But if waiting isn't an option I'd suggest an I5 with a 1070. 8gb's of RAM should be fine.

16 gig RAM kits are available for like $60 bucks (US) so if you can afford them I'd suggest just putting it down now so you don't have to worry in the long term.
[Image: c9hit5-2.png]
I can wait till December for a gpu  Laugh