illegal to download?
Hello!

In my country we can't download stuff like music and such and i was wonderin,is this illegal to download?

Best Regards

..:*Nylanderz*:..

Sponsored links

Not if you already own a PS2 and only rip your own games, then it's legally allowed as they're just backups.
.:Intel Core i7 Extreme 965 OC'ed @ 4Ghz - EVGA X58 SLI - Corsair 6GB @ 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24 - 2xEVGA GTX 285 1GB OC'ed @ 680/1548/1270Mhz in SLI - Dell UltraSharp 24" - Corsair HX1000W PSU - Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 - Antec 900
.OhmyCZ Vertex 250GB SSD 200/160MB/s read/write - Samsung F1 1TB
.:Windows 7 x64
(04-12-2009, 10:08 AM)Cody900 Wrote: Not if you already own a PS2 and only rip your own games, then it's legally allowed as they're just backups.

aye, i already have a ps2 and some games Smile so i can download it then? Smile
yes, you can Smile
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
The emulator was/is programmed without any use of any copyrighted code or technology, and is legal to download anywhere. It's developed entirely by studying the PS2 hardware and reimplementing it.

The BIOS, on the other hand, cannot be downloaded. It's proprietary Sony software that must be obtained from your own PS2 to be legal. That's why it's not included in the emulator.

Bottom line: As long as you stick with downloads from the official PCSX2 site (http://pcsx2.net) you're good Smile
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
remember, the download is from your ps2, not from the web.
am i right?
If you download the PS2 bios illegally, you are breaking the law. Courts around the world have ruled that businesses and individuals can be prosecuted for illegal downloading.
[Image: makemydaynow.jpg]

well he's talking about pcsx2 (he's afraid of downloading it Tongue), Nylanderz it is perfectly legal to use this emu (but the illegal part is downloading the ps2 bios and games from the internet (or using anybody elses bios and games), so you must use your own bios and games Smile)
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
no bios and no ori games, no problem. you still can play homebrew games, or not, duh Laugh
If you download the PS2 bios illegally, you are breaking the law. Courts around the world have ruled that businesses and individuals can be prosecuted for illegal downloading.
[Image: makemydaynow.jpg]

(04-15-2009, 10:35 PM)LuisR14 Wrote: (or using anybody elses bios and games)

as long as you have the physical dvd/cd in your posession, it's fine to use ANY game
Dumping your own bios would be the best idea. Use your own disks. Keep it as legal as you can.
M33 User's PC

Model Number: HP a6547c [The Gayest BIOS]
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 2.6 GHz (Overclocked To 2.9 GHZ)
Memory: 4GB PC2-6400 DDR2 SDRAM
Video: Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT
Operating System: Windows 7-64bit [Awesome]/Windows Vista-64bit