impossible blend => please read this thread
Someone debug GTA with me. He found the root cause of the issue (I don't know why I didn't see it). The issue is quite easy the ps2 uses same buffer as texture and framebuffer. GSdx uses 2 separates buffers. I don't know exactly how to fix it, but I think it is doable. Just need to find a way to separate the draw call.

Sponsored links

I noticed it in SO3 that the entire framebuffer gets treated as a texture. I noticed because with bilinear on the ENTIRE SCENE gets a blur, where with it off it doesn't. You have to kinda see it to know what I mean.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I wil check it. The issue only appears if you read/write the fb in the same draw call. I don't think it is the case for so3
It's not super high priority but basically it means you can have an entirely fuzzy image, or a sharp image with nearest scaled textures that look like crap.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I know that so3 uses the alpha channel of the fb as a stencil buffer (count the number of hit for each pixels). This part is horrible to emulate. Stencil is not compatible with upscaling/filtering etc...
It needs the Alpha Stencil HW hack for battle shadow to appear right. Without it they look like overlapping polygons. With it they look okay.
You mean in DX without CRC? Or Dx + CRC + Alpha Stencil Hack. Or openGL?
It's been a while since I played so I'm not 100% on what I'm saying (lol).

But it was in DX11 hardware, 3x scaling, everything else default. I'll make a test in a bit so I can verify what I'm saying. The last few games I've played needed it, so I wanna make sure I'm not getting confused Tongue2
Ok. I asked because I implemented a fix for shadows on openGL (~1 month ago). However I'm not sure it is the same shadows.
Yeah it was about... a little over that that I was playing, and it was definitely in DX. Anyway, I've been up all night and I gotta crash. I will make test when I awake.