is FGLRX still broken?
I've noticed over the last year the development of pcsx2 linux being like a roller coaster. Sometimes a certain brand of driver works, then it doesn't, then it works again, due to finnicky unstable proprietary drivers. So basically my question is, is FGLRX still supported? With latest month worth or SVNs I cannot get pcsx2 to work at all. It always immediately says "killed" when using FGLRX, in HW or SW mode. Due to radeonsi driver for 7000 series mesa not yet fully functioning yet, I can't get it to work at all on pcsx2. Reason is 7000 series is a different driver than 4000-6000 series and only supports Opengl 2.1 at the moment. Plus performance is extremely poor. I only get 30fps playing a SNES game! I went with 7800 series over the 6800 series due to worthwhile performance difference in Windows emulation and gaming. For Catalyst, I am using the xorg edgers ppa with latest updates and fglrx-13 package that they provide.

To add, when using the pcsx2 ppa compiled on June 19, I get this very familiar warning when using fglrx, in both HW and SW mode.

/build/buildd/pcsx2.snapshot-5674/common/src/Utilities/Linux/LnxHostSys.cpp(64) : assertion failed:
Function: void SysPageFaultSignalFilter(int, siginfo_t*, void*)
Thread: MTGS
Condition: false

Stacktrace:

Attached Files
.txt   terminal.txt (Size: 1,97 KB / Downloads: 371)
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Sponsored links

I will need to update PPA, lots of stuff change recently. For mesa, they enable GLSL 130 recently (see this commit) so GL3.0 will probably be enabled soon.

Anyway, I try my best to make it work with FGLRX but FGLRX is full of bug (or my code is bad). For your information I dev on FGLRX 13.4. Can you test the following patch on latest svn, with luck it migh avoid the initial KILL
I just tested the patch. It still is "killed" right away.

Ok so bad luck. In this case gdb backtrace is welcome (but I'm afraid it will crash in the middle of the driver)
OK, I did the backtrace. I had to bump that one thread from last year where I did the same thing. The EFP CDVD plugin does not do the "killed" like Linuz plugin does but I still get the familiar crash warning as above. So I did the gdb when I got the error message.

Attached Files
.txt   gdb.txt (Size: 30,32 KB / Downloads: 291)

the trace is good but unfortunately it only show a segfaut inside FGLRX. I suggest that we wait the new version of FGLRX (end of july). In parallel I will add some tracing before GL function to know which one crash the driver!!!