Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is it worth upgrading
Thumbs Up 
is it worth upgrading it from i3 550 to i5 680
the benefits :
Intel® Trusted Execution Technology ( what is this )
AES New Instructions ( what is this )
0.4 ghz ( i think this is the highest main clock between cpus ) Laugh
i wont change my mobo wich is :
Gigabyte p55-usb3l
the losses :
177$ Sad
the chance that it might broke on the way home ( might happen with my freakish luck ) Angry

Sponsored links

Don't upergrade,that is small difrence.Wait for Sandy Brige to become cheaper Smile
What is google?
well i5 2500k is about 230 $ and the mobo at least 200 $ so i am
(03-11-2011, 09:42 PM)Game Wrote: Don't upergrade,that is small difrence.Wait for Sandy Brige to become cheaper Smile

well i5 2500k ( what i am thinking to get ) is about 230 $ and the mobo at least 200 $ so i am definitely going to wait until it become cheaper
what i want is an LGA1156 cpu ( i5 680 is the best what i could find )
because i dont have enough money for a new mobo ( an LGA1155 one )
and what is the highest (main ) ghz that any cpu have reached
i just thought that 3.6 ghz is the highest
Why did you brought the i3 system in the first place if you knew you were gonna do another upgrade, and now you want to upgrade to i5 cpu? Instead of getting another cpu, you're better off with overclocking instead...
well i now have it @4ghz but i still want more
with that i 5 with turbo boost i can reach about 4ghz and with a nice OCing 5ghz !!!
^ You might be disappointed to see that most games which still have trouble @ 4Ghz aren't all of the sudden perfect @ 5Ghz. Wink

And I don't think LGA1156 CPUs tend to OC that high, at least not without the snazziest setups. Also, a CPU that's stock is xxxMhz more doesn't necessarily have xxxMhz more headroom.

I think you should hang on to that $180. If you can't put with it towards an 1155 mobo & 2500K sometime this year, you could just look forward to a sweet Ivy Bridge next year. That's what I'd do if in your shoes.
(03-13-2011, 10:29 AM)Rezard Wrote: ^ You might be disappointed to see that most games which still have trouble @ 4Ghz aren't all of the sudden perfect @ 5Ghz. Wink

And I don't think LGA1156 CPUs tend to OC that high, at least not without the snazziest setups. Also, a CPU that's stock is xxxMhz more doesn't necessarily have xxxMhz more headroom.

I think you should hang on to that $180. If you can't put with it towards an 1155 mobo & 2500K sometime this year, you could just look forward to a sweet Ivy Bridge next year. That's what I'd do if in your shoes.
Ivy bridge i just have known sandy bridge and a new bridge is coming !!!!!
however it price going to be high ( new and advanced what you have to do ) and that is my problem
so 2500k it is
thanks