Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is my laptop is safe to use on Power inverter@50hz
Exclamation 
my 2hrs laptop battery is not enough for me so i bought this power inverter it's a emergency power generator in case of power outrage especially during hurricanes/typhoons...or even bring that portable generator anywhere w/ a car battery.
but the output frequency is only at 50hz.
will this inverter is safe to use on my current laptop power adaptor?
see photo attachment

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Main Hub:i5-4670(3.4Ghz Factory Clocked),ATi Radeon HD7770(GDDR5+128-bit+1GB),Win 10 SL(x64),ASUS H8M-E,8GB DDR3 RAM

Sponsored links

I'm 90% sure that's normal and as long as your laptop is an HP cleared to use that model of inverter also known as power brick it's fine. I wouldn't take my word for 100% though atm. Work kicked my ass so I'm a little out of it.
thx and i glad to hear the almost-sure that my laptop supposed to be international of all voltage and frequency input and emergencies.

another thing why i'm doing this?
running laptop battery mode has consequences
Formula:
Battery life ??% = CPU performance ??%
e.g.
20% battery = CPU performance 20%
and 2 hrs. of laptop battery life than a car battery+power inverter
i'm no doubt about it power inverter is the solution....
and especially going camping or during typhoons/hurricanes/power outages

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Main Hub:i5-4670(3.4Ghz Factory Clocked),ATi Radeon HD7770(GDDR5+128-bit+1GB),Win 10 SL(x64),ASUS H8M-E,8GB DDR3 RAM
Yes, the power supply clearly shows it supports 50hz input. I'm not sure why your laptop would be running speed directly correlated to battery power (that is what you're saying right? A little hard to tell). Windows has some power management settings that may fix that, but if it's set via your motherboard/bios it may not work there.
[Image: 2748844.png]
setting in high performance(for cpu demanding) while in laptop battery may quickly drain laptop battery about an hour while 2 hr for "Balanced" and 2.5hrs for "power saver" but power saver is pointless when playing my AVI on media player the picture hangs.

well you can't config an inverter thru mobo/bios/cmos since it's only a emergency power generator(12V DC[car batt] to AC 220V) similar to UPS.