is pcsx2 a videobandwith eater?
(12-16-2008, 08:50 PM)standrs Wrote: moi dans gt je suis presque a fullspeed par contre sur ffx aucun probleme tout les setting au max. en fait assez peu de jeux tournent parfaitement meme sur une config puissante

This is an English only forum,so please do not post in any other language...thanks
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

@Albhar

Quote:I just wanted to add that I own a C2D E8400 + HD3870 @stock speeds and frames never exceed 20 per second in Crash Bandicoot Wrath of Cortex.

Don't forget to enable DAZ & FTZ for VU Recs in advanced dialog.
And MTGS of course ...
Also you'll get better performance with directx 10.
I currently use Gsdx10 0.1.4 as there is some graphic problems with more recent version of Gsdx.
I believe it's better to use full screen mode.
I run full speed easily with my E8400 & 8800 GT ,
everything at stock speed.

Otherwise I manage to get 40fps with an amd athlon & hd3650 in my laptop (well perhaps I overestimate a bit the fps, but that's not that bad). So there's definitely something wrong with the performance you get.
At last i'm getting a sweet 60 fps in Crash Bandicoot Wrath of Cortex by enabling all speed hacks. I'm Also using VU frameskips to avoid big slowdowns. Here are my settings : 60/40/0/5. Works nice.

I've just tried Tekken 4 and "Jak & the daxter" but the second one does not even let me see the menu. Even though Tekken 4 was playable, it was a bit harder to make it run smoothly. I've used Tekken 5 gamefix to solve garbarge during battles but nothing succeeds in increasing framerate. Sometimes 60fps when indoor, 30fps when outdoor.

E8400 @4GHz
HD3870 820/1220
4Go @1066MHz
XP x64