is this GPU great for PCSX2???
i recently ordered a laptop with specs below...

CPU: Core i5 (dunno what model, but turboboost up to 3.0 GHz)
RAM: 6GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GT430 (2GB)

will the GPU perform well???

also, from threads i've read, i found out that laptop users should change their power plan to "High Performance"..What is this and where can I find it??

sorry for my bad knowledge of computers Blush

Sponsored links

(04-30-2012, 04:47 AM)kohaku2421 Wrote: i recently ordered a laptop with specs below...

CPU: Core i5 (dunno what model, but turboboost up to 3.0 GHz)
RAM: 6GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GT430 (2GB)

will the GPU perform well???

also, from threads i've read, i found out that laptop users should change their power plan to "High Performance"..What is this and where can I find it??

sorry for my bad knowledge of computers Blush

I think it can handle games 2x-3x upscaled depending on the game.. about power plan.. just go to properties of your computer then type in search "power" the power option will pop up XD

my cousin bought a laptop so I tested it.. it seems some laptops don't turbo boost when in battery mode even when its on high performance.. if that's the case. just download throttle stop.. just google how to use it.. it makes the laptop use turbo boost even on battery mode.. hope it helps Biggrin
up to 3x scaling???

wow, that's a great news...

THX for your help..I'll figure out how to use throttle stop anyway..
It's decent, but don't expect 3x scaling will remain fluent too often.
It may seem fine at first, but a later scene in the game may still see slow down.

And, depending on the game (as usual),
you could still be limited to low res sometimes.

Always consider that the amount of upscaling you're using could be the reason that game is running slow.
(04-30-2012, 05:40 AM)Rezard Wrote: It's decent, but don't expect 3x scaling will remain fluent too often.
It may seem fine at first, but a later scene in the game may still see slow down.

And, depending on the game (as usual),
you could still be limited to low res sometimes.

Always consider that the amount of upscaling you're using could be the reason that game is running slow.

what do you think of Valkyrie Profile 2?? that game seems like GPU heavy to me...

according to the laptop specs, which one will be the most likely to bottleneck game performance in PCSX2? Tongue
could been GTX series or an gddr5+and a higher video bandwidth for such of this gaming laptop.

or WarWeeny's Nvidia GT555M may has the potential see his siggy profile.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/User-warWeeny

as for the i5 model no.run "dxdiag" you will discover the i5 model no. is it.

(04-30-2012, 04:53 AM)sausuke Wrote: I think it can handle games 2x-3x upscaled depending on the game.. about power plan.. just go to properties of your computer then type in search "power" the power option will pop up XD

my cousin bought a laptop so I tested it.. it seems some laptops don't turbo boost when in battery mode even when its on high performance.. if that's the case. just download throttle stop.. just google how to use it.. it makes the laptop use turbo boost even on battery mode.. hope it helps Biggrin

how's the laptop temperatures?i know running in batteries is not having a potential of overheat.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(05-01-2012, 02:09 AM)kohaku2421 Wrote: what do you think of Valkyrie Profile 2?? that game seems like GPU heavy to me...

according to the laptop specs, which one will be the most likely to bottleneck game performance in PCSX2? Tongue

in my gt 440 GDDR5 VP2 max @ 3x upscaled.. 2x in default plugin with fmv bugs 3x in cutie/shadeboost gdsx plugin.. other games work well in 3x upscaled 60 fps.. so it really depends on games and how you'll config those using different plugin...

@tallbender
here's the screenshot of temperature.. that's the only screenshot I have before I download throttle stop.. so its the same when running in battery mode in terms of temperature
[Image: 91c1ec5fa1.jpg]
^
^
oh my thats hot nearing 90C boundary is that in battery mode or a power-plug-inned?
when my laptop reached at 90C boundary i stop emulating to avoid further damaged
i have older laptop one is Toshiba satelite when it's very hot that laptop will "intentionally" turn the power off leading to improper shut down i dunno why.
(05-01-2012, 02:34 AM)tallbender Wrote: ^
^
oh my thats hot nearing 90C boundary is that in battery mode or a power-plug-inned?
when my laptop reached at 90C boundary i stop emulating to avoid further damaged
i have older laptop one is Toshiba satelite when it's very hot that laptop will "intentionally" turn the power off leading to improper shut down i dunno why.

it is plugged in XD +turbo boost

well it is summer here in the Philippines so I thought that's one factor cause ambient temperature is high when I test that specially in my room XD
(05-01-2012, 02:48 AM)sausuke Wrote: it is plugged in XD +turbo boost

well it is summer here in the Philippines so I thought that's one factor cause ambient temperature is high when I test that specially in my room XD
yeah 36C+ in manila. they only strategy is going in a restarant e.g. Burger King in they offer free-wifi zone "they also" allow to charge your battery laptop.
and it's air-conditioned =P easing the laptop temps. a little.