Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is this right??
mmm,some days ago i got my dirty hands on this new operative system (windows seven professional edition),but something doesnt seems right.when you put dxdiag under "execute" and look up in the graphics card part it says this...
[Image: isntgoodatall.png]

From what i know my card doesnt support directx 11,and it doesnt have 986 of mb either,it has 512 only Blink.Oh and btw this happen on my fresh windows seven installation,is this supposed to happen?,is it good or bad?,beacuse i dowloaded the directx setup to download the latest directx version and it says i already have the latest one,seems strange.
Can anybody help me here Tongue
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]

Sponsored links

The 986MB of VRAM part is easy to explain. It's shared RAM.
417MB of your system's RAM will be used as VRAM in case your GPU runs out of actual VRAM.

As for the other question, it clearly states that your GPU is DX10. Look at the DDI.
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!
Shared ram??,if i have 1.5gb and nothing is shared, i mean i got 1.5 gb not 1 gb,and besides that if i go to system tab,it says directx 11,thats what i mean to say,is that wrong???
Yes, shared RAM. The system still uses it. Just that when your GPU do run out, it will use whatever RAM is free, up to a maximum of 417MB.

Oh that. It just says that Windows is capable of DX11 (which is kind of stating the obvious, but it is called dxdiag).
is there any way to disable memory sharing??,i mean that isnt good or is it?
You don't have to worry about it though. Windows is just showing it for the lulz.
The GPU itself won't use system RAM.
Reason 1) Most modern cards don't use share memory anymore (mostly because of the performance gap between VRAM and system RAM).
Reason 2) Unless you have a monitor with 1,900+ by 1,200+ resolution (which you don't), you are not going to run out of VRAM.
Your PC has DX11 API, however your GPU can't use the DX11 paths.
So ignore it.
And Dr_Thrax explained the RAM sharing.
AMD Phenom II 940 @ 3.6GHZ, 4GB PC8500 @ 1100MHZ, 4870x2 @ Stock.
so whats the reason for the directx to not update?,beacuse i run the setup and it says that i already have the latest one.
(01-22-2010, 01:47 PM)diegochiha Wrote: so whats the reason for the directx to not update?,beacuse i run the setup and it says that i already have the latest one.

I wish I propelly understood the post.
However, if you've tried updating DX, and it says you're running the latest, then don't update it?
AMD Phenom II 940 @ 3.6GHZ, 4GB PC8500 @ 1100MHZ, 4870x2 @ Stock.
ok, thanks for all your help both dr_thrax and you sythedragon.